QuickOPC for OPC Alarms and Events (OPC-A&E)
OPC Alarms&Events provides alarm and event notifications on demand (in contrast to the continuous data flow of OPC Data Access). These include process alarms, operator actions, informational messages, and tracking/auditing messages.
OPC Alarms and Events. Technical Overview (OPC Foundation) (PPT)
OPC-A&E is fully supported by QuickOPC. OPC clients with alarms and events features can be developed easily.
If you need OPC Alarms&Conditions for OPC Unified Architecture, click here - QuickOPC supports it too.
Supported OPC-A&E Operations
With QuickOPC, you can perform following OPC Alarms&Events operations:
- Discover (browse) OPC servers (applications) on the computer and on the network.
- Browse the address space of the OPC server.
- Get state of an event condition.
- Acknowledge an active condition.
- Query for event categories and event conditions.
- Subscribe to events, and possibly later change the parameters of the subscription, or unsubscribe.
- Refresh the event subscription.
Most developers use the procedural coding model to create their applications. You can also: