Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Browse Citect Plant SCADA doesn't show the items under the BrowseProvider folder

More
17 Apr 2024 15:17 #12732 by support
UA Expert shows all references, regardless of what they are for. So, it does not care.
Client programs that are specialized to display the stuff they are interested in need to do some filtering. And that is what is happening.

The customer should show my analysis to Aveva/Citect/Schneider and tell them to fix their software.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2024 15:11 #12731 by micham
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. So it is possible in UA Expert?

Regards

Michael

More
17 Apr 2024 14:45 #12730 by support
Hello.
With the browsing dialog(s), the answer is negative. The "Browse for OPC-UA Data" dialog intentionally shows a specialized subset of the address space, a "view" filtered to show just Objects and Variables. To do so, it relies on proper server behavior. It cannot be changed.

Programmatic browsing (calling BrowseXXXX) would work well, because there you can specify any kind of filtering - but that's not what you are asking for, I understand.

Regards

More
17 Apr 2024 14:24 #12729 by micham
Hi

Thank you for your answer. Can I change something in my code to allow my customer to view the items in this folder?

Thank you.

Michael

More
17 Apr 2024 14:11 - 17 Apr 2024 14:41 #12728 by support
Hello.

The server has a "HasChild" reference from the the "BrowseProvider" to the "Cluster1" node, as can be seen on your UaExpert screenshot:

Because "HasChild" is an abstract reference type, having such reference is a violation of the OPC UA specification. Only concrete reference types can appear in the address space (for example, in this case, "HasComponent" will work).

See:
- reference.opcfoundation.org/Core/Part3/v104/docs/7.5 : "The HasChild ReferenceType is an abstract ReferenceType; only subtypes of it can be used. "
and
- reference.opcfoundation.org/Core/Part3/v104/docs/5.3.2 : "The IsAbstract Attribute indicates if the ReferenceType is abstract. Abstract ReferenceTypes cannot be instantiated ..."
and
- reference.opcfoundation.org/Core/Part3/v104/docs/5.5.1 : "HasComponent References identify the DataVariables, the Methods and Objects contained in the Object."

Regards
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Apr 2024 14:41 by support.

More
17 Apr 2024 10:29 #12726 by micham
Hi,
When browsing Citect Plant SCADA OPC UA Server, the browse component doesn't show the items under the BrowseProvider folder.
See the screen captures in UA Expert and in our browse dialog.

Any idea why?

Thank you.

Michael
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds