Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

I want to check the connection status with the opc server.

More
07 Nov 2023 11:10 #12337 by support
You talk about two different things.

In one part you talk about "connection status with the opc server", in the other part about "reading opc server status".

You cannot obtain OPC server status if you are not connected to it. If you ARE connected, then the OPC UA specification prescribes a handful of nodes/variables which can be read/subscribed to. Let me know if this is what you wanted and I can point you to the right page.

If you, however, want to be informed about the connection to the OPC server as such, then that is a different thing altogether. QuickOPC manages the connections/disconnections automatically, so conceptually checking the connection has little importance. If you insist on it, use this:

opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...n%20Monitoring%20Services.html

I hope this helps
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2023 08:14 #12333 by Shin Hyun Jin
I want to check the connection status with the opc server.

When reading tags in C#, if there is no connection to the server, an exception is thrown as a bad connection.

In this case, I would like to know how I can read the opc server status.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds