Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Exception when browsing an OPC UA Server

More
13 Nov 2023 16:21 #12361 by support
I cannot reproduce the problem with the first option (using ApplicationUriTemplateString). It works for me. I still believe you have not set the right property.
I would need a reproducible scenario to look further into this.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2023 14:09 #12359 by micham
Yes.

Thanks.

Michael

More
13 Nov 2023 13:51 - 13 Nov 2023 13:52 #12358 by support
Hello.

Are you sure that with the 2nd option, you have changed the name of the property (on the left to '=') as well?

Regards
Last edit: 13 Nov 2023 13:52 by support.

More
13 Nov 2023 13:44 #12357 by micham
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I tried the 2nd option and this is what I got:

The 1st option worked. See below.

Thank you.

Michael
Attachments:

More
13 Nov 2023 12:31 - 13 Nov 2023 12:31 #12356 by support
You can either

1) Do it in your code - something like below - this gives you absolute power because you can write any code to construct the application URI:
EasyUAFormsApplication.Instance.ApplicationParameters.ApplicationManifest.ApplicationUriString = "uri:EBO-OPCClientCFG:" & Environment.MachineName

2) Use the "template" syntax for the application URI, with pre-defined replaceable symbols (kb.opclabs.com/OPC_UA_Application_URI_Derivation ). QuickOPC will then fill in the computer name for you, in place of the "$(HostName)". In this case the property that you set is different - and it would look similar to this:
EasyUAFormsApplication.Instance.ApplicationParameters.ApplicationUriTemplateString = "uri:EBO-OPCClientCFG:$(HostName)"

Best regards
Last edit: 13 Nov 2023 12:31 by support.

More
13 Nov 2023 11:14 #12355 by micham
Hi

Thank you. How can I add the computer name programmatically?

Do I need to check the computer name and add it myself?

Thank you.

Michael

More
13 Nov 2023 11:05 #12354 by support
There is no hard rule on the actual contents of the application URI, besides the fact that it must be unique in the OPC UA system (the "system" being the interconnected OPC UA applications you are dealing with).

You are good with your choice, if you know there won't be any other computer using precisely the same application URI. If there is such a risk, you should put some more distinguishing info into the application URI - and that can be the computer name, if you like.

Best regards

More
13 Nov 2023 10:56 #12353 by micham
Hi,

I tried this:

EasyUAFormsApplication.Instance.ApplicationParameters.ApplicationManifest.ApplicationUriString = "uri:EBO-OPCClientCFG" ' Nov-13-2023
EasyUAFormsApplication.Instance.AddToSystemMenu(Me)

Is this syntax correct? No need for the computer name in the URI?

Thank you.

Michael

More
09 Nov 2023 16:59 #12346 by micham
Hi,

Thank you. We shall try it.

Michael

More
09 Nov 2023 16:43 - 09 Nov 2023 17:21 #12345 by support
Hello.
No, this is not about application name.

What matters here is the application URI. There is no ready-to-use example for it in the documentation, but the article explains the concepts. Your code needs to simply set EasyUAApplication.Instance.ApplicationParameters.ApplicationManifest.ApplicationUriString to a URI that is unique in the overall target OPC UA system.

When you set it as above, and then re-create the certificate, it will then be displayed next to "Subject URL Name".

Regards
Last edit: 09 Nov 2023 17:21 by support.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds