Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

UAResultException while connecting

More
21 Sep 2023 12:23 #12206 by Scaglioni
Hi, sorry for my previous message, I wanted to preview the message but I pressed the send button. Anyway, if I remember correctly when I tried to browse with version 2022.2 an exception occurred. This exception was not present in the same situation using dlls 2023.1.

Best regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2023 12:14 #12205 by Scaglioni
Yes i reported in my previous reply:

" Hello, I've tested the connection with OpcUANetDemo with 2022.2 and 2023.1 dlls. The connect exception remains with all dlls versions but with 2023.1 the server is browsable."

More
21 Sep 2023 11:37 #12204 by support
You have not reported what behavior you get when trying to browse with QuickOPC 2022.2.
I am confident that it cannot be the "OPC UA Endpoint Connection Test Error" you described. So it is a separate problem.

Note that we do not support older versions officially.

Regards

More
21 Sep 2023 11:14 #12202 by Scaglioni
Ok, but the browsing is not working with version 2022.2.
Best regards.

More
21 Sep 2023 10:21 #12201 by support
This "connection test" error will be the case with all QuickOPC versions. It is a server problem.

More
21 Sep 2023 09:49 #12200 by Scaglioni
Hello, I've tested the connection with OpcUANetDemo with 2022.2 and 2023.1 dlls. The connect exception remains with all dlls versions but with 2023.1 the server is browsable. Now i rebuild my app with 2023.1 and we'll see.
Thank you.

Massimo Scaglioni

More
19 Sep 2023 12:49 #12163 by support
Hello.

This happens when the "connection test" tries to read the so-called "service level" from the server, which should result in a number between 0 and 255. And apparently, the server has returned null, which is incorrect.

But, the fact the code has made it so far, actually means that the connection has succeeded in principle.

So, if you do not do "connection test", and simply try to use the server through the connection, does it work?

Best regards

More
19 Sep 2023 12:33 #12161 by Scaglioni
Hello, I have a strange error while connecting to a MEP metal saw. We have problems connecting this machine so i have used the OpcUaNetDemo and tried to play with connection settings. I have tried a connection with UAExpert and I have an error of type 'BadSecurityModelInsufficent'. Clicking on Ignore the machine connects.
QuickOPC version 2022.2.

Exception Details: OPC UA Endpoint Connection Test Error

Type: OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.UAResultException
Data:
HelpLink:
HResult: -2146232832 (0x80131600)
InnerException: System.InvalidCastException: A null value cannot be converted to a value type, 'System.Byte'.
Data:
HelpLink:
HResult: -2147467262 (0x80004002)
InnerException:
Message: A null value cannot be converted to a value type, 'System.Byte'.
Source:
StackTrace:
TargetSite:
Message: The OPC UA server has returned a '' result, but this operation requires a 'System.Byte' value, and the conversion is not possible.
Source:
StackTrace:
TargetSite:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds