Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

'Run time is over limit' with valid license

More
13 Dec 2023 11:47 #12476 by dvrstrae
You're right, the message was different. The downgrade worked. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2023 13:18 - 08 Dec 2023 13:19 #12460 by support
Hello.

I do not know at this point why 2018.3 gives an error, but I can assure that you do not get the very same error message. It may start with the same text, but it will have different details at the end. if 2018.3 does not work, please provide the full error text again, now with 2018.3.

Best regards
Last edit: 08 Dec 2023 13:19 by support.

More
08 Dec 2023 13:13 #12459 by dvrstrae
Thanks for the quick response.

However, even after downgrading to 2018.3, I still get the same message after 1/2h. I also removed and reinstalled the license. Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks,

David
Attachments:

More
07 Dec 2023 16:50 #12458 by support
Hello.

Your license was purchased on Dec 7, 2017, with 1 year upgrade assurance, which means that it covers QuickOPC versions released until 12/7/2018. According to the QuickOPC version table (kb.opclabs.com/Versions ), the latest version covered by your license key is thus QuickOPC 2018.3.

The software version you actually trying to use is QuickOPC 2023.2 (5.72), and that is why the license key does not work. if you want to use a version newer than 2018.3, you need to upgrade the license.

Best regards

More
07 Dec 2023 16:42 #12457 by dvrstrae
Hi,

We have a Professional license, and have developed already several applications with QuickOPC. In a current application however, when using QuickOPC in Python through the opclabs_quickopc library, we encounter the following exception after using the client for more than a half hour. We simply use EasyUAClient in a read / write mode (not PubSub).

The license is correctly installed and shows up in the License manager.

OpcLabs.BaseLib.Licensing.LicensingException: Run time is over the limit in license "Multipurpose", serial number 1111111120. The license you are running (most likely trial version) does not provide valid data after certain time period expires. Note that after the component's process is simply restarted, valid data will be provided again. Obtain and install proper license to permanently resolve this error. You can ask for evaluation license key, if you need a longer run time for your tests.
Product information follows. Component name: "QuickOPC", license IDs: "Multipurpose", version number: 572, release date: 21/11/2023, trial validity: 397 days, option expression: "EasyUAClient".
Context: 1 dropped license(s); S/N 1955322456 (release date covered 07/12/2018).

The script that shows the error:
server =  'opc.tcp://opcua.demo-this.com:51210/UA/SampleServer'
tag = 'nsu=http://test.org/UA/Data/;i=10853'
write_tag = "nsu=http://test.org/UA/Data/;i=10221"
client = EasyUAClient()
for i in range(1000):
    value = IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(client,
                                         UAEndpointDescriptor(server),
                                         UANodeDescriptor(write_tag), 
                                         i)
    value = IEasyUAClientExtension.ReadValue(client,
                                         UAEndpointDescriptor(server),
                                         UANodeDescriptor(write_tag))
    logger.warning(f'{value}')
    sleep(10)

Thanks for your advice!
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds