Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Node is not selectable

More
17 Nov 2021 20:25 - 17 Nov 2021 20:25 #10361 by support
Replied by support on topic Node is not selectable
Hello.

This works well for me with QuickOPC 2021.3, and the VBScript example that you will find in the installed product under:

ExamplesCOM\VBScript\WSH\UADocExamples\UserInterface\_UABrowseDialog\ShowDialog.SelectionDescriptors.vbs

Can you please test this VBScript example on your computer and let me know the results?

Thank you
Last edit: 17 Nov 2021 20:25 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2021 14:27 #10355 by wsalvin
Replied by wsalvin on topic Node is not selectable
Hello,
Is it working on your side with two hosts?
I run your exemple (the c# translated in Delphi)
When browser is displayed first time:
I select a node on ""opc.tcp://opcua.demo-this.com:51210/UA/SampleServer""
and its okay. on next loop i see the host again.
But if I select a node on ""opc.tcp://opcua.demo-this.com:51210/UA/SampleServer"" and add a new host 'opc.tcp://localhost:49320' and select a node on it when i go out of browser i got two entries in selectionDescriptors and it's okay. So the next loop i should see the two hosts but only one is displayed.

Can you try and let me know if you face same issue?
May I have missed my upgrade?

Regards

More
16 Nov 2021 09:46 #10351 by support
Yes, that's right!

Sorry, I should have informed you right away.

Best regards

More
16 Nov 2021 09:33 #10349 by wsalvin
hello,
Is it in Internal version number: 5.62 just created?

More
05 Nov 2021 07:10 #10338 by wsalvin
Hello.
Thank for your suggestions.
Will wait new release a check.
Regards

More
03 Nov 2021 18:53 #10337 by support
Hello.

As it turns out, the issues I have encountered while preparing the example were probably the same that lead to your original post. And, we determined that there is a problem in all QuickOPC versions up to 2021.2 that, making long story short, prevents the SelectionDescriptors from being usable for inputs to the dialog.

We will fix it in the upcoming version 2021.3 - it is expected to be released this month (November 2021).

With the fix, the basic example close to what you are trying to achieve looks like this (in VBScript and in C#):
Rem This example shows how the current node and selected nodes can be persisted between dialog invocations.

Option Explicit

Const DialogResult_OK = 1

' The variables that persist the current and selected nodes.

Dim CurrentNodeDescriptor: Set CurrentNodeDescriptor = CreateObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Forms.Browsing.UABrowseNodeDescriptor")
Dim SelectionDescriptors: Set SelectionDescriptors = CreateObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Forms.Browsing.UABrowseNodeDescriptorCollection")

' The initial current node (optional).

CurrentNodeDescriptor.EndpointDescriptor.UrlString = "opc.tcp://opcua.demo-this.com:51210/UA/SampleServer"

' Repeatedly show the dialog until the user cancels it.

Do
    Dim BrowseDialog: Set BrowseDialog = CreateObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Forms.Browsing.UABrowseDialog")
    BrowseDialog.Mode.MultiSelect = True

' Set the dialog inputs from the persistence variables.

Set BrowseDialog.InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor = CurrentNodeDescriptor
    BrowseDialog.InputsOutputs.SelectionDescriptors.Clear
    Dim BrowseNodeDescriptor: For Each BrowseNodeDescriptor In SelectionDescriptors
        BrowseDialog.InputsOutputs.SelectionDescriptors.Add BrowseNodeDescriptor
    Next

Dim dialogResult1: dialogResult1 = BrowseDialog.ShowDialog
    If dialogResult1 <> DialogResult_OK Then
        Exit Do
    End If

' Update the persistence variables with the dialog output.

Set CurrentNodeDescriptor = BrowseDialog.InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor
    selectionDescriptors.Clear
    For Each BrowseNodeDescriptor In BrowseDialog.InputsOutputs.SelectionDescriptors
        SelectionDescriptors.Add BrowseNodeDescriptor
    Next

Loop While True
// This example shows how the current node and selected nodes can be persisted between dialog invocations.

using System.Windows.Forms;
using OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Forms.Browsing;

namespace UAFormsDocExamples._UABrowseDialog
{
    static partial class ShowDialog
    {
        public static void SelectionDescriptors(IWin32Window owner)
        {
            // The variables that persist the current and selected nodes.

var currentNodeDescriptor = new UABrowseNodeDescriptor();
            var selectionDescriptors = new UABrowseNodeDescriptorCollection();

// The initial current node (optional).

currentNodeDescriptor.EndpointDescriptor = "opc.tcp://opcua.demo-this.com:51210/UA/SampleServer";

// Repeatedly show the dialog until the user cancels it.

do
            {
                var browseDialog = new UABrowseDialog();
                browseDialog.Mode.MultiSelect = true;

// Set the dialog inputs from the persistence variables.

browseDialog.InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor = currentNodeDescriptor;
                browseDialog.InputsOutputs.SelectionDescriptors.Clear();
                foreach (UABrowseNodeDescriptor browseNodeDescriptor in selectionDescriptors)
                    browseDialog.InputsOutputs.SelectionDescriptors.Add(browseNodeDescriptor);

DialogResult dialogResult = browseDialog.ShowDialog(owner);
                if (dialogResult != DialogResult.OK)
                    break;

// Update the persistence variables with the dialog output.

currentNodeDescriptor = browseDialog.InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor;
                selectionDescriptors.Clear();
                foreach (UABrowseNodeDescriptor browseNodeDescriptor in browseDialog.InputsOutputs.SelectionDescriptors)
                    selectionDescriptors.Add(browseNodeDescriptor);

} while (true);
        }
    }
}

Best regards

More
31 Oct 2021 10:05 #10326 by support
Hello,
status update:

I was preparing an example for you, but encountered some problems. I am now working with the programmer who developed the browse dialog to figure out where it comes from.

Best regards

More
26 Oct 2021 17:06 #10293 by support
OK I understand now that you need multi-select.

I will review your code and possibly provide another example for that. But, please bear with me, I am on OPC Interoperability workshop this week, and that keeps me busy. It may take some days before I have it ready for you.

Regards

More
26 Oct 2021 07:59 #10279 by wsalvin
Hello.
Thank for your suggestions:
Actually our goal is to use multi-selected. We would like that, when the UA brother is displayed, all the nodes are displayed in order the user is not obliged to add it every time .
Also the next step will be to retrieve the node added by the user when he closes the browser. But let focus first on display all node . I create a simple example with two nodes, Its Delphi but you should recognize the objects I use .
If I add an initial node descriptor as suggested only this one is displayed.
Here after the code associated to the click on a button that start UABrowser node.
procedure TForm1.StartUaBrowserClick(Sender: TObject);
var
  MyUABrowseNodeDescriptor: UABrowseNodeDescriptor;
  BrowseDialog: TUABrowseDialog;
begin
  BrowseDialog := TUABrowseDialog.Create(nil);
  BrowseDialog.Mode.MultiSelect := true;
  try
    // add two nodes descriptor.
    // Node 1
    MyUABrowseNodeDescriptor := CoUABrowseNodeDescriptor.Create;
    MyUABrowseNodeDescriptor.EndpointDescriptor.UrlString := 'opc.tcp://localhost:49320';
    MyUABrowseNodeDescriptor.EndpointDescriptor.UserIdentity.UserNameTokenInfo.UserName := 'sss';
    MyUABrowseNodeDescriptor.EndpointDescriptor.UserIdentity.UserNameTokenInfo.Password := 'ssss';
    BrowseDialog.InputsOutputs.SelectionDescriptors.Add(MyUABrowseNodeDescriptor);
    // Node 2
    MyUABrowseNodeDescriptor := CoUABrowseNodeDescriptor.Create;
    MyUABrowseNodeDescriptor.EndpointDescriptor.UrlString := 'opc.tcp://opcua.demo-this.com:51210/UA/SampleServer';
    MyUABrowseNodeDescriptor.EndpointDescriptor.UserIdentity.UserNameTokenInfo.UserName := 'Hello';
    MyUABrowseNodeDescriptor.EndpointDescriptor.UserIdentity.UserNameTokenInfo.Password := 'psw';
    BrowseDialog.InputsOutputs.SelectionDescriptors.Add(MyUABrowseNodeDescriptor);

Codesite.send(BrowseDialog.InputsOutputs.SelectionDescriptors.Count.ToString);

// selcet on initial node descriptor
    BrowseDialog.InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor := BrowseDialog.InputsOutputs.SelectionDescriptors[0];

BrowseDialog.ShowDialog(nil);
    Codesite.send(BrowseDialog.InputsOutputs.SelectionDescriptors.Count.ToString);

finally
    BrowseDialog.Free;
  end;
end;

More
23 Oct 2021 12:00 #10276 by support
Hello.

Unless you use multi-select, the SelectionDescriptors are just a complication. And, your code does not set the initial node descriptor. Does the example below (sorry, in VBScript only) help?

Rem This example shows use the output data (node) from one dialog invocation as input data in a subsequent dialog 
Rem invocation.

Option Explicit

Const DialogResult_OK = 1

' Define the starting node for the first dialog.

Dim BrowseNodeDescriptor0: Set BrowseNodeDescriptor0 = CreateObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Forms.Browsing.UABrowseNodeDescriptor")
BrowseNodeDescriptor0.EndpointDescriptor.UrlString = "opc.tcp://opcua.demo-this.com:51210/UA/SampleServer"
'BrowseNodeDescriptor0.NodeDescriptor.NodeId.StandardName = "Objects"

' Set the starting node of the first dialog, show the first dialog, and let the user select a first node.

Dim BrowseDialog1: Set BrowseDialog1 = CreateObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Forms.Browsing.UABrowseDialog")
Set BrowseDialog1.InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor = BrowseNodeDescriptor0
Dim dialogResult1: dialogResult1 = BrowseDialog1.ShowDialog
If dialogResult1 <> DialogResult_OK Then
    WScript.Quit
End If
Dim BrowseNodeDescriptor1: Set BrowseNodeDescriptor1 = BrowseDialog1.InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor

' Display the first node chosen.

WScript.Echo
WScript.Echo BrowseNodeDescriptor1.NodeDescriptor.NodeId
WScript.Echo BrowseNodeDescriptor1.NodeDescriptor.BrowsePath

' Set the starting node of the second dialog to be the node chosen by the user before, show the second dialog, and let the
' use select a second node.

Dim BrowseDialog2: Set BrowseDialog2 = CreateObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Forms.Browsing.UABrowseDialog")
Set BrowseDialog2.InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor = BrowseNodeDescriptor1
Dim dialogResult2: dialogResult2 = BrowseDialog2.ShowDialog
If dialogResult2 <> DialogResult_OK Then
    WScript.Quit
End If
Dim BrowseNodeDescriptor2: Set BrowseNodeDescriptor2 = BrowseDialog2.InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor

' Display the second node chosen.

WScript.Echo
WScript.Echo BrowseNodeDescriptor2.NodeDescriptor.NodeId
WScript.Echo BrowseNodeDescriptor2.NodeDescriptor.BrowsePath
Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds