Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Excel Option for QuickOPC

More
10 Dec 2018 20:51 #6902 by support
Replied by support on topic Excel Option for QuickOPC
Hello,

I am not sure if I fully understand the question, but I will try.

In any case, I suggest that you have a look at the relevant part of the documentations:
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...0Application%20Deployment.html .

For runtime, you basically need a bunch of files (QuickOPC .NET assemblies), and register one of them properly (see the doc); plus, the QuickOPC license needs to be present on the system where Excel runs.

For development (if we define development as creating Excel worksheets with live OPC data), actually the bare necessity is the same as for the runtime (above), because the live cells contain Excel's RTD function which can be created by hand (also described in the doc). But, to make this process easy, by drag&drop or copy/paste, Connectivity Explorer can (and is) normally used to format the formulas with RTD functions.

How precisely are the mentioned QuickOPC parts installed depends on your choice - it can be using QuickOPC setup program, manually, or using your own installer - all of that is in the doc well (opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ml#Application_Deployment.html ).

So, in principle, I do not see an issue with what you have described.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2018 20:36 #6901 by support
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2018 10:15 AM
To: Z.
Subject: OPC Labs Contact Form - Excel Option for QuickOPC

[...]
Hi

Regarding OPC UA client plug in Excel Option for QuickOPC

The plan is to install software on a laptop during commissioning. Then, as a permanent solution, install software on a workstation / server. When the permanent solution is in place, software on the laptop will be uninstalled.

Will this work ?

///T.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds