Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

RSLinx browsing

More
21 Jan 2011 14:35 #215 by support
Replied by support on topic Re: RSLinx browsing
Thank you. I actually spent good part of today trying to get access to some RSLinx working install with functional OPC server component, but with no success. I was about to propose either a painful repetitive process of setting up extra diagnostics on your side, or a possibility of you giving us access to your system, either remotely, or using virtual machine image.
It is good that you have found a workaround.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Best regards, Zbynek Zahradnik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2011 13:15 #214 by Ferdydurke
Replied by Ferdydurke on topic Re: RSLinx browsing
OK,
I finally managed to achieve this. The solution is to perform first a 'BrowseBranches' in a try/catch clause, then a 'BrowseLeaves' in another try/catch, then if we caught something perform a BrowseNodes... This seems to work for all servers including RSLinx.
Now we'll surely buy the OPCLabs client (in a few days, administrative stuffs first...)
Thanks.

More
21 Jan 2011 09:59 #213 by Ferdydurke
Hi,
unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.
Here is an exemple of what it should do (Matrikon OPC Explorer shows that) :
TOPIC
Online/Group1
Online/Group2
Online/Group2/Item leaf1
Online/Group2/Item leaf2
Online/Group2/SubGroup1
Online/Group2/SubGroup2

With the demo client, we see the following :

TOPIC
Group1
Group2
Group2/Item leaf1
Group2/Item leaf2

So, 'Offline' and 'Online' paths are missing, sub-groups too. I tried adding 'Online' with/without brackets etc. to the ItemID in the BrowseNodes function, but it doesn't work either.

More
20 Jan 2011 17:20 #212 by support
Hello,
based on the information available on the Internet about the RSLinx OPC browsing problems, I have put in some workarounds; they are now in QuickOPC.NET 5.04.44.1 (available from <a href="/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=S67555ggDmI%3d&tabid=195">standard download location for QuickOPC.NET 5.04 latest build).
Please let me know if it helps. The available information wasn't fully clear and consistent, and it appears that RSLinx OPC browsing implementation is so seriously flawed that fixing it without having possibility to perform lots of experiments may be quite difficult.
Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
20 Jan 2011 13:24 #211 by Ferdydurke
Thanks for your answer.
I'll wait for your reply, then.

More
20 Jan 2011 13:18 #210 by support
Hello,
thanks for your post. The problems with RSLinx browsing/compliance are known for long time. We have not put in special code to accommodate RSLinx yet, mainly because we could not get hold of the actual RSLinx software without actually having to purchase it.
I am making one more try to get access to RSLinx now, because having chance to actually test the workaround would be the easiest and best way to handle the issue. If this fails, we can put in the workaround anyway, based on information that is available; I will then have to ask you to kindly test it for us, and collaborate if the browsing doesn't correct itself on the first attempt.
I will let you know when I have more; it should be by tomorrow.
Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
20 Jan 2011 11:12 #209 by Ferdydurke
RSLinx browsing was created by Ferdydurke
Hi all,
we are trying the OPCLabs client demo, we are creating an OPC client application which connects to may servers, including Rockwell's RSLinx (v. 2.52 Gateway licensed). All works fine when we read/write data (local and remote access) ; but we run in trouble when we want to browse it using the EasyDAClient.BrowseNodes method. This works fine for all other OPC servers we tried.
The problem is, we manage to retrieve the first level branches and some leaves, but the deeper ones seem to be unreachable.
According to some forum topics on internet, we should use a workaround to the BROWSE_TO stuff (e.g try/catch the browse-to, then in catch perform a browse-down). Can we achieve this with the OPCLabs client ? This is our last test, if we succees with this we'll buy it.
Thanks (and... please excuse me if my English is not perfect ;))

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds