Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Can't write to KepServer V5 word tag with uint16 type

More
15 May 2018 15:58 #6336 by support
Do not worry, this is OK.

In addition, I think that what you describe is for the situation when there was no error reported.

When there was "BadTypeMismatch", my suggestion could still apply. So let's keep it here.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2018 15:53 #6335 by Taid
Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.

After further looking into logic on the PLC itself it seems that this datablock is heavily controlled by some higher logic and those few tags do not persist the data I write onto them since the functions overrides them every time.

Feel free to delete this topic as it had nothing to do with your software.

Sorry for taking your time :(.

Piotr

More
15 May 2018 10:07 #6333 by support
Hello,

Please have a look at this:

opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...e%20in%20OPC%20UA%20Write.html

And specify the type explicitly, similar to the example provided.

Let me know if it helped.

Best regards

More
15 May 2018 06:50 #6331 by Taid
Hello,

I'm creating a small asp.net page to help control data flow between MySQL and S7-300 PLC on one of our machines and I run into a weird road block in writing to a tag which on server is declared as WORD and it's type should be a simple integer on the PLC. As a side note, I'm still using the trial version (version 5.52.91.1) and this is the last point before we make a purchase of your OPC client.

I did try using EasyOPCUADemo and connectivity explorer but the result seems the same. I get no error when the value type declared is UINT16 but no value is written on the PLC. If I go with any other type I do get the BadTypeMismatch error.

Response of connectivity explorer when no value type is specified:
https://imgur.com/ZV4DawM

Response of connectivity explorer when uint16 value type is specified:
https://imgur.com/Q9xQz3C

Testing with WriteValue and WriteMultiple yields the same results (no error no value on PLC).

Best regards, Piotr

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds