Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Help, we're stuck!

More
28 Sep 2018 08:35 #6725 by support
Replied by support on topic Help, we're stuck!
Hello.

I understand what you have found. In the end, however, we know that with high probability, the bug is still in that 3rd-party library. It looks like that it only appears in 32-bit code, AND on some systems. I tried with "Prefer 32 bit", and it still works for me.

Going forward, we will 1) stay up-to-date with the newest versions of that library, 2) report the problem to the vendor if/once we find what is the reproducible scenario, 3) recommend our users who run into the problem to use either our former workaround, or your suggestion. There isn't much more we can do at the moment.

Thanks for your help.
Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2018 23:09 #6720 by bobday
Replied by bobday on topic Help, we're stuck!
Bad News - that didn't solve the problem. And to add insult to injury your demo OPC UA app worked just fine.

So after hitting my head against the wall for several hours I compared what was different about your app to mine. Turned out to be something utterly trivial. The platform target had "Prefer 32 bit" checked (which appears to be a default for new Win Forms apps in VS). When I unchecked it I finally made my way to the holy land.

I'm unclear if this is a necessary requirement or if some bug still exists. If it's necessary I would strongly suggest that on initialization you determine that the running app has been compiled with "Prefer 32 bit" checked and a useful exception telling the developer that it must be unchecked by raised. The next person would surely appreciate it!

If it's a bug I wish you the best of luck in tracking it down. I hope I've helped you identify it.

More
27 Sep 2018 05:45 #6719 by support
OK, this is now a different problem from what you have reported before, and it needs to be solved first.

In this case, it is likely caused by a bug in a 3rd-party library that we use internally. The library allows "virtualization" of parts of the file system, so that we can include some prerequisites (in this case, the OPC UA Certificate Generator EXE) in the file system without the developer having to install it separately.

This bug has later been resolved by the vendor, and we have included it in newer version of our software.

You now have two options:
a) use the recent QuickOPC version (labeled 2018.2, internally 5.53) - recommended, or
b) try a workaround.

Let me know if you need the instructions for the workaround.

Best regards

More
26 Sep 2018 21:43 #6718 by bobday
Replied by bobday on topic Help, we're stuck!
When we run the OPC UA Demo everything works just fine. We can set the Server URI and the Node ID and get data, subscribe, and write just fine.

The UA Configuration Tool shows the demo app being added in the list of certificates just fine. Looks great!

Now, however, when we try to use virtually the same code in our app from a .Net C# DLL when we start up we got long delays and a dialog box that pops that says, "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000005). Click OK to close the Application. The App name showing in the dialog is TCPSVCS.EXE (TCP services?).

When we check the UA Config Tool our app doesn't show and neither does our DLL.

What are we missing? Is there a special procedure necessary when we're communicating via a DLL instead of a standalone EXE? The DLL contains references to OPCLabs.BaseLib, OPCLabs.EasyOPCClassic and OPCLabs.OPCUA (it's dual mode and allows for communication with both UA and DA controllers, though not at the same time (if that makes a difference)).

Is there any other info that we can provide that can help you to help us?

Thanks

PS No chickens have been harmed in the development of this software.

More
26 Sep 2018 05:26 #6717 by support
Hello,
I understand.

try this, and save the chickens for later:

1. Download and install www.opclabs.com/products/ua-configuration-tool .
2. Run it.
3. Switch to the "Manage Certificates" tab.
4. Make sure that "Store Type" is set to Directory.
5a. In the "Store Path", drop-down the list, and select the path ending with "Machine Default". The, press the "View Certificates" button. This is the store for the instance certificates of the UA apps on this computer.
AND/OR
5b. In the "Store Path", drop-down the list, and select the path ending with "UA Applications", and press "View Certificates". This store contains the certificates that are trusted by the UA apps on this computer.

Under normal circumstances, the instance certificate for your app will appear in both these stores, but just ONCE in every store (with the same Subject Name).

You can try to delete any certificates you do not need (or all of them) - you can right-click and choose "Delete". And then, restart your application, making sure it is done under elevated privileges (so that it has write access to the stores). This should re-create the app certificate and store it where it belongs to - if that was the cause of the problem.

Regards

More
26 Sep 2018 00:29 #6716 by bobday
Help, we're stuck! was created by bobday
We just upgraded our controller to support OPC/UA. When our app tries to connect to the controller we get:

"Could not create a certificate via a proxy: The operation completed successfully = Bad.\r\n+ The error occurred while checking the (client) application instance certificate.\r\n+ This is an engine-level error."

We have tried the following code:

EasyUAClient.SharedParameters.EngineParameters.CertificateAcceptancePolicy.AcceptAnyCertificate = true;
EasyUAClient.SharedParameters.EngineParameters.CertificateAcceptancePolicy.AllowUserAcceptCertificate = true;

We are using OPC UA version 5.51.465.1.

The controller is a Parker PAC controller.

Before we start sacrificing chickens, what should we be trying?

Thanks!

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds