Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Certificate's signature algorithm

More
22 May 2020 08:58 #8498 by KrisSik
Hi,

Could you please describe what criteria are used while selecting the certificate from the certificate store?
I generated a few certificates using OpenSSL and UA Configuration tool (by OPC Foundation) with Subject: CN=MyApplicationName, but could not use any of those. All of them were replaced with another generated certificate.

Best regards,
Kris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 07:30 #8497 by KrisSik
Hi,

Also I encountered another problem.
I have an existing certificate with subject like this (both private and public keys are installed in the appropriate Certificate store):
Subject: CN=MyApplicationName, O=PC, S=BAR, C=UN.
Then I set
EasyUAClient.SharedParameters.EngineParameters.ApplicationParameters.ApplicationName = "MyApplicationName";
During startup my certificate is deleted from the store and is being replaced by a new generated certificate. How can I use my pregenerated certificate as application instance certificate?

Best regards,
Kris

More
21 May 2020 08:55 - 21 May 2020 08:59 #8496 by KrisSik
Hi,

Can I somehow specify the signature algorithm for UA certificate generator?
The problem is when I use directory based certificate store, it creates certificate using sha256 algorithm, but when the store is registry based (Windows Certificates Store), it generates certificate using sha1, which is rejected by the server.

Best regards,
Kristian
Last edit: 21 May 2020 08:59 by KrisSik.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds