Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

QuickOP Proffesional Licensing (ID 199932)

More
10 Aug 2020 11:10 #8731 by support
Hello,
thank you for your interest in our products.

In our licensing, "developer" is a person, that develops new software with QuickOPC (and is assigned to do so mid- to long-term).

With "Single Developer + Runtime Free License", for use by that developer, there is no limit on number of computers he/she uses, even simultaneously. There is no limit on QuickOPC installations for purposes that require no "developer", such as runtime or even "build" machines.

Yes you need to install the license key on every computer where QuickOPC runs - either using the supplied utilities, by modifying the Windows registry in your installation program, or by embedding the license key into your .NET project - this is all described in the documentation.

Upgrade assurance can only be purchased together with the license itself. Yes, it can be extended - while it is still valid.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2020 09:14 #8729 by bvader
Hi,

I am planning on buying QuickOPC Proffessional Single Developer license and would have some questions prior my purchase:

- in our company we are developing VS apps, if we purchase Single developer license can we have QuickOPC development tool installed on multiple PC's but it can be used only from 1 PC at a time? For example developer works on his PC, whe nthe app is ready it is built on build server, can we have QuickOPC installed on both PC's with Single Developer license?

- I am currently testing COM development part of your development package in GE iFix. I installed Quick OPC trial version on my system where iFix application is developed. When I purchase the license from you, what do I need to install on my clients PC? The supplied Runtime Free license?

- Can upgrade assurance be purchased at a later date? If we buy QuickOPC with upgrade assurance for 2 years, can we later on extend the upgrade assurance period?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds