Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

SSL/TLS error calling OPC XML DA server with QuickOpc

More
01 Jul 2020 09:12 #8639 by support
Hello,

what I do not understand it whether you actually

a) Expect (want) the communication to be HTTPS. In such case, why is the scheme in your URL just "http:" and not "https:"?
b) Expect (want) the communication to be HTTP - and the error you are getting seems to be "mistakenly" coming from some code path that handles HTTPS.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2020 06:37 #8638 by georgeslegros
Hello,

Thanks for the response.

Here is the code I use:
var client = new EasyDAClient();
object value = client.ReadItemValue(
                "http://172.17.158.114:6010",
                "Loc/Wec/CalcVwind"); 
Console.WriteLine(value);

So nothing really fancy.

From dOPC Explorer I can see that the type of server is : "XML DA 1 OPC Server" and in the Vendor Info it is "[clientName -- confidential] SCADA OPC XML DA"

Providing an access to the server itself is not possible, the only thing my client gave me is an endpoint and for providing this, I would need to ask the client's approval. This would require you guys to connect over a VPN connection.

There is definitely no way I can share this on a public forum though. I'll ask the client how to proceed. For now it crashes it seems to crash at "connect" stage so I might be able to request a readonly access.

Please tell me how to proceed to continue this discussion outside of the public forum.

Thanks,

More
30 Jun 2020 21:06 #8637 by support
Hello,
thank you for your interest in our products - and for the detailed issue description. We have not seen this issue before.

I have some questions:

1. Can you please provide us with the piece of code that includes how you construct the ServerDescriptor (URL, ...) and pass it to Read or Subscribe?
2. Can you tell us which OPC server are you connecting to?
3. Is there a way we can get hold of either the server itself (for reproduction here), or to its exposed endpoint? (confidential parts of this can be arranged outside of these public forums).

And yes, there can be differences in this area if you then run on Linux, but at this point it is not clear whether this particular thing would behave differently.

Best regards

More
30 Jun 2020 14:24 #8636 by georgeslegros
Hello,

I'm currently trying to validate the usability of the QuickOpc library and I have an issue.
I used the code available here: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2....NET%20Core%20CLI%20Tools.html

It works like a charm!

Now I replaced with the server address of my client as well as the correct itemDescriptor and I get an SSL/TLS error (full stack trace at the end of the message).

I googled the error and it seems like the solution would be to give a special Handler to the HttpClient used to instruct it to ignore such errors.
However, I cannot get my hands on the client as it is constructed probably very deep in the library and there are no possibility for me to find it.

I know that SSL/TLS is a big deal and that proper certificates should always be used but in this case, the OPC server is sitting within a highly secure network only accessible through a VPN.

For information, I used Kassl dOPC Explorer and I can communicate with my server without any problem. I also tried multiple aother clients just to make sure it was not that one being too nice with me.

Did you ever faced this error and would you have a solution for this?

For reference, here is a stackoverflow post that seem to describe the TLS issue: stackoverflow.com/questions/1742938/how-to-solve-could-not-e...ip-for-the-ssl-tls-secure-chan

The strange thing is that, as you can see in the stacktrace below, the authority that seem to cause the SSL/TLS error is "localhost"

The code I use is identical as the one from the demo link I gave above with the serverDescriptor and itemDescriptor adapted to my server.

Anyway, the library seem to be awesome and seem to be exactly what I need but I am locked and won't purchase the product if I cannot validate that it works for my usecase.

Side Note: I'm writing the code on Windows using Rider but in production, it will be deployed in a Docker container on Linux, just in case it makes a difference.

And here is the full stacktrace (SSL ERROR HIGHLIGHTED):

Unhandled exception. OpcLabs.EasyOpc.OperationModel.OpcException: An OPC operation failure with error ID 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Engine.NetApiException' occurred, originating from 'System.
Private.CoreLib' and with depth of 6. The inner exception contains details about the problem.
---> OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Engine.NetApiException: An exception occurred during processing in a NET API OPC Data Access client. The inner exception contains details about the problem.
+ The client method called was 'ReadMultipleItemValues'.
---> OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Engine.NetApiException: An exception occurred during processing in a NET API OPC Data Access client. The inner exception contains details about the problem.
---> Opc.ResultIDException: E_FAIL
Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'localhost'.
---> System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityNegotiationException: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'localhost'.
---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, ExceptionDispatchInfo exception)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.PartialFrameCallback(AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ThrowIfExceptional()
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.InternalEndProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndAuthenticateAsClient(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.<>c.<AuthenticateAsClientAsync>b__65_1(IAsyncResult iar)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.EstablishSslConnectionAsyncCore(Stream stream, SslClientAuthenticationOptions sslOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.EstablishSslConnectionAsyncCore(Stream stream, SslClientAuthenticationOptions sslOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean allowHttp2, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpClientRequestChannel.HttpClientChannelAsyncRequest.SendRequestAsync(Message message, TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ProcessGetResponseWebException(HttpRequestException requestException, HttpRequestMessage request, HttpAbortReason abortReason)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpClientRequestChannel.HttpClientChannelAsyncRequest.SendRequestAsync(Message message, TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.RequestAsync(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.RequestAsyncInternal(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Runtime.TaskHelpers.WaitForCompletionNoSpin[TResult](Task`1 task)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(MethodCall methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(MethodInfo targetMethod, Object[] args)
at System.Reflection.DispatchProxyGenerator.Invoke(Object[] args)
at generatedProxy_1.GetStatus(GetStatusRequest )
at OpcXml.Da10.ServiceReference.ServiceClient.OpcXml.Da10.ServiceReference.Service.GetStatus(GetStatusRequest request)
at OpcXml.Da10.ServiceReference.ServiceClient.GetStatus(GetStatus GetStatus1)
at OpcXml.Da10.Service.GetStatus(String LocaleID, String ClientRequestHandle, ServerStatus& Status)
at OpcXml.Da.Server.GetStatus()
at OpcXml.Da.Server.Initialize(URL url, ConnectData connectData)
at OpcXml.Factory.CreateInstance(URL url, ConnectData connectData)
at Opc.Server.Connect(URL url, ConnectData connectData)
at Opc.Da.Server.Connect(URL url, ConnectData connectData)
at Opc.Server.Connect(ConnectData connectData)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Implementation.NetApi.DataAccess.NetApiOpcDaServer.ServerConnect(Server server, ConnectData connectData, Exception& exception)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Implementation.NetApi.DataAccess.NetApiOpcDaServer.ConnectToServer(WebProxy proxy, Server server, NetworkCredential credentials, String connectionGroupName, EasyDAAdaptableParameters adaptableParameters)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Implementation.NetApi.DataAccess.NetApiOpcDaServer.Connect(Boolean doOnlyIfGoodStatus, Boolean callGetStatus, Exception& exception)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Internal.EasyUtilities.CheckSuccess(OperationResult operationResult)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.IEasyDAClientExtension.ReadItemValue(IEasyDAClient client, ServerDescriptor serverDescriptor, DAItemDescriptor itemDescriptor, DAReadParameters readParameters)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.IEasyDAClientExtension.ReadItemValue(IEasyDAClient client, ServerDescriptor serverDescriptor, DAItemDescriptor itemDescriptor)
at HelloWorld.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\projects\HelloWorld\HelloWorld\Program.cs:line 34

Thanks for any support you can provide.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds