Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Problem with EasyAEClient in .NET Core Console App

More
22 Mar 2019 14:47 #7265 by tkenzin
Unfortunately, I can't use XML-DA in my case. Well, I hope, the .NET Framework solution will be enough.
Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2019 14:38 #7264 by support
We do not plan it.

It is not truly impossible, but almost. It relies on Microsoft DCOM protocol, which Microsoft has been forced to publish. There were some attempts to create its counterparty on Linux, but none of them is good enough to be usable on practice (and we ourselves are not going to attempt that). In addition, any really secure DCOM application needs to run under Windows domain, and that won't be possible to replicate on Linux I think. So the solution would be to stay with the "workgroup" approach where users authenticate using username/password, but there is no overall control and assurance that the domain can provide.

We support OPC XML-DA on Linux.

We may have a solution in the future where you would put a part of the product on the Windows machine where the OPC Classic server runs, and it would turn it into a Web service which then will be consumed by QuickOPC. But this is not yet decided/scheduled. You may find products on the market already to do something similar, tunnellers etc.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: tkenzin

More
22 Mar 2019 14:25 #7263 by tkenzin
Oh, I see. Thank you!

And are you planning to add this functionality in the future releases?
Is it even technically possible to browse A&E servers on a Linux machine?

More
22 Mar 2019 14:14 #7262 by support
Hello.

OPC Classic (COM/DCOM based), which includes OPC A&E, is not supported under .NET Core.
See opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...l#Development%20Platforms.html .

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: tkenzin

More
22 Mar 2019 14:05 #7261 by tkenzin
Hello!

I have two simple console applications (.NET Framework and .NET Core) that browse A&E servers on a target machine. They both have the following block of code:
var servers = EasyAEClient.SharedInstance.BrowseServers(_opcServerIp);
Console.WriteLine(servers.Count);
This block prints 2 (correct number) in the .NET Framework application and 0 (incorrect) in the .NET Core one. What am I doing wrong?
I'm using QuickOpc version 5.54.1115.

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds