Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Problem with SOAP Response of XML-DA gateway: Can QuickOPC lib ignore quotes?

More
21 Jan 2019 13:38 #7012 by cvalentin
Hi,

Ignore my last message. I didn't see your last post from sunday. I added the Nuget package you mentioned and it works!

Now we can evalualte your library and I will come back when we decide if we use it in our product.

Thanks very much for your help!

Kind Regards,
Christian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2019 12:36 #7011 by support
Hello,
I do not understand this post. Is that some kind of new problem (if so, make a new forum topic)?

I have replied yesterday with a fix/workaround for the issue you have reported (the quotes around the charset). Have you implemented the workaround, and what were the results please?

Best regards

More
21 Jan 2019 09:26 #7009 by cvalentin
Hi,

The error message (can be seen in the screenshot above) says "An OPC operation failure occurred in the NET API OPC Data Access client. The inner exception ....".

Could it be possible that the EasyDAClient does not recognize that it is a OPC XML-DA URL in the .NETCore version and tries to connect via OPC DA (Data Access)?

Our url looks as follows: http://10.10.10.116:80/opcxmlda/Pilz.PSS4000_OPCServerDA.DA

Kind Regards,
Christian

More
20 Jan 2019 08:23 - 20 Jan 2019 08:25 #7006 by admin
Hello. We think that this issue is due to a Microsoft bug:

github.com/dotnet/wcf/issues/1684
github.com/dotnet/wcf/issues/1965

They have closed it unresolved in the first case. But there is a pull request github.com/dotnet/wcf/pull/2137 (with the actual code here: github.com/dotnet/wcf/commit/db3e7e6aac08fa5ba1d541e8abc4234f76091cf0 ) which finally fixes the issue.

The affected package is System.ServiceModel.Http . QuickOPC 2018.3 requires version 4.4.4 or higher; unfortunately version 4.4.4 still contains the bug.
Versions from 4.5.0 onwards appear to work fine.

For you now, there is an easy workaround: Simply add System.ServiceModel.Http version 4.5.0 or higher to NuGet dependencies of your project.

We will bump up the version of System.ServiceModel.Http required by QuickOPC to 4.5.0 or higher in the upcoming version QuickOPC 2019.1. Release date for it is not yet set, though.

I hope this helps, and thank you for reporting the issue
Best regards
Last edit: 20 Jan 2019 08:25 by admin.

More
18 Jan 2019 12:57 #7004 by cvalentin
Hi,

I can give you a small update. If we use .NET Framework Full and use one of your examples (which are installed when installing the SDK from you) it works and we can connect and read from the KASSL XML-DA gateway.

If we use a .NETCore example from your SDK we get the exception.
If we don't use the URL of the KASSL XML-DA gateway on our side but use a public .asmx XML-DA gateway (opcxml.demo-this.com/XmlDaSampleServer/Service.asmx) it also works with .NETCore.

Maybe you could try it on your side with the KASSL XML-DA gateway on Windows with .NETCore (I think you tried it on Linux as you said).

Kind regards,
Christian

More
18 Jan 2019 12:23 #7003 by support
Thank you for the details. We will re-test with a configuration that is as close to yours as possible, and then reply here.

Best regards

More
18 Jan 2019 12:15 #7002 by cvalentin
Hi,

The machine where the XML-DA Kassl gateway runs is a Windows 10 machine with .NET 4.6.2 installed (Kassl gateway is no .NET program).
The machine where I tried the QuickOPC client is also a Windows 10 machine with .NET Core 2.1 as dependency and QuickOPC version 5.54.1026.
The IDE I use is VisualStudio 2017. In the end the program will run on a Linux iot edge device in a Docker container but for testing purposes I just debugged it on native Windows with VisualStudio.

I added a screenshot of the full exception message and a screenshot of the IDE where you can see the Dependencies of the C# project and installed .NETCore version and QuickOPC version and the simple code example.

It does not look like a network issue because I can connect to the XML-DA gateway via the program dOPC Explorer (also from KASSL) and browse all nodes / variables.
Our windows culture is german (switzerland). I don't know if this could cause any issues.

Please let me know if you need more information to be able to reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,
Christian

Screenshots:

Attachments:

More
18 Jan 2019 11:41 #7001 by support
Hello.

Yes, there are quotes in the response from the Kassl XML-DA gateway, I can confirm that.
Unfortunately, in our tests, this has caused no problems. We could connect QuickOPC just fine to the gateway, and communicate with it.

In our tests, the gateway ran on Windows XP and Windows 7. The small QuickOPC test client program ran on "full" .NET Framework on Windows 7 (I know that's not your interest), and then under .NET Core on Linux. It worked.

Please let me know
1) The operating system, and .NET Framework version installed on the machine where the XML-DA gateway runs.
2) The operating system and version, and .NET Core version, on the machine where you run your test client,
3) The version and build of QuickOPC (from the Properties -> Details on one of its .DLLs) you are using.
4) any other information that would help us reproduce the issue.

Best regards

More
18 Jan 2019 08:43 #6996 by cvalentin
Hi,

Do you have any news on this topic?

Kind Regards,
Christian

More
16 Jan 2019 09:15 #6989 by cvalentin
Hi,

Thanks very much for your quick reply. I hope your developer can resolve the issue quickly.

Kind Regards,
Christian

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds