Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

WriteItemValue error

More
22 Jun 2018 12:18 - 22 Jun 2018 12:18 #6463 by support
Replied by support on topic WriteItemValue error
Hello,
thank you for more info.

I should have been clearer in formulating my question #2. I wanted to ask, what is the actual error message of the InnerException (not of the outer exception).

Regarding #3, it is unlikely than an attempt to connect to an OPC UA-only server through OPC "Classic" would give this error. If you are truly using EasyDAClient.WriteItemValue, and even more so if it sometimes works, you are using OPC Classic.

Best regards
Last edit: 22 Jun 2018 12:18 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2018 08:34 #6462 by is2
Replied by is2 on topic WriteItemValue error
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I'm going to log the source property to get more information. Good idea. I'll keep you informed.
2. The error message "OPCClient.WriteItemValue an opc operation failure with error code -2147352566" is actual. That's the value of the Message property of my exception.
3. I categorized my post under OPC UA because the automation team I'm working with told me their OPC Server was using UA architecture and maybe that's the problem... Maybe I'm using an OPC Classic method on a OPC UA Server. I have to check that !

More
20 Jun 2018 17:01 #6461 by support
Replied by support on topic WriteItemValue error
Hello,

can you please provide more information?

1. What is in the Source property of the exception (and in the Source of the InnerException)?
2. What is the actual error message text?
3. You have categorized the post under OPC UA, but WriteItemValue is in our OPC "Classic" component. Are you using OPC Classic or OPC UA?

Thank you

More
20 Jun 2018 09:28 #6460 by is2
WriteItemValue error was created by is2
Hello,

I'm getting an error if I try to write an item value. Here is the error message : OPCClient.WriteItemValue an opc operation failure with error code -2147352566.

The inner exception tells I'm out of range. However, the item value is actually written... sometimes.
I'm using QuickOPC 2018.2 and the OPC server is SimaticNet.

Can you help me ?
Thanks

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds