Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

The OPC-UA subscription publishing has stopped.

More
19 Jul 2016 08:55 #4239 by support
Yes will do - please send your current license serial number to my email.
I will also reply to the outstanding issue you have, please be patient.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2016 08:12 - 18 Jul 2016 08:14 #4234 by Erik
Hello,

If you are not already covered by a maintenance option, we will provide you with a license for version 5.40 free of charge, so that you can upgrade your app to it.

After having upgraded our HMI to version 5.40 it seems to stop after 30min. Can we take you up on this offer?

Best regards,

Erik
Last edit: 18 Jul 2016 08:14 by Erik.

More
06 Jul 2016 10:35 #4196 by support
We have made the change discussed earlier. QuickOPC is now more "forgiving" with respect to situations in which the response from the server does not arrive in the time it should.

The change is present in QuickOPC 5.40.281.1 (and later). Please download the latest build from the download page, and rebuild your project with the new assemblies.

More information:

We now distinguish two situations:

- "Publishing stopped". This has the same meaning and is detected as before, and therefore you may still see such message in the log entries - but the consequences are different. It is now only informational, however, and does not cause immediate removal of the subscription. The subscription may still recover, and there is a corresponding log entry for that as well. None of these notifications will actually make it to the event handler for data changes - all that will happen is that there will be no new data coming to the event handler.

- "Publishing halted". This happens when the publishing has been stopped for too long. We call the corresponding time a "probationary period", and it defaults to 5 seconds. If the publishing halts, we remove the subscription (and attempt to add it later again), and also the data changed event handler will receive a notification with an error (non-null .Exception): this works as it had before with "publishing stopped".

Best regards

More
21 Jun 2016 10:56 #4168 by support
I have received logs from Rexroth, but 1) the Wireshark and client logs were not from the same incident, 2) the Wireshark logs were probably from the server side, not client side, and 3) the beginnings of the communication were missing. Such set of log is of near zero value to us.

But, as I have stated in my email, we are going to change the client code to be more forgiving, thus the importance of having the logs right now isn't big.

Best regards

More
21 Jun 2016 06:53 #4167 by Erik
Hello,

Very strange that the email didnt work, I get replies from this forum without a problem.

About the logs, did Rexroth not send you any?

Great to hear that we will get the new version. As for the timing, halfway next month should be on time for our next release. That would be great!

Best regards,

Erik

More
20 Jun 2016 17:24 #4166 by support
Thank you. The reason I have asked is because our current version (QuickOPC 5.40) is for .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later.

And, I have communicated with a person from Bosch Rexroth in the past day. (I tried to Cc: you to the email address you used to register with these forums, but the email bounced back). So far I have not received a set of logs files that would allow me to assess whether the client works as designed, BUT I have agreed to his proposal to change our implementation so that it is not so "aggressive" in deleting a subscription for which the publishing mechanism has (possibly temporarily) stopped.

We will therefore work on making this change, and it will be implemented to version 5.40. If you are not already covered by a maintenance option, we will provide you with a license for version 5.40 free of charge, so that you can upgrade your app to it.

Somewhat problematic is the timing - I cannot promise it will be done fast. It has come at very unfortunate time of the year, with many other activities scheduled. With highest certainty, it will be by July 12; but will try to do by June 28.

Best regards

More
20 Jun 2016 09:14 - 20 Jun 2016 09:37 #4165 by Erik
Hello,

Just did a test migrating our HMI to .NET version 4.5.2 and 4.6.1. Both seem to work fine for us, except the OPC layer not working (can't find nodes, subscriptions fail, etc).

Best regards,

Erik
Last edit: 20 Jun 2016 09:37 by Erik.

More
17 Jun 2016 13:58 #4163 by support
This is kind of out-of-band question, but would that be a problem for you, technically, to upgrade your application to use .NET 4.5.2?

I am asking this question because .NET 4.5.2 is the minimum requirement for our new version, QuickOPC 5.40. And, if we end up doing some changes on our side (not sure if that is coming... just asking), it would be more difficult for us to patch the old version (5.35 or earlier).

More
15 Jun 2016 06:09 #4145 by support
Thank you. I also do not see any problem with the client-side processing, but I wanted to check that first.

Yes, please make the Wireshark capture, but please make sure you collect all possible logs from QuickOPC at the same time as well - ideally, all those that you have sent (those with "OPCTrace", while bigger, are very useful).

Best regards

More
14 Jun 2016 12:20 #4138 by Erik
Hello,

Thank you for your response! I will contact Rexroth and forward the information.

I have some questions that may help in guiding the investigation:
A. What is the CPU usage on the client side?
B. What is your code doing in the event handler for data changes? Is it just manipulating in-memory data, or is it e.g. writing files, communicaing with the database, - or what it is doing? Is there a possibility that it requires relatively long time to complete? (compared with the rate of incoming changes?)

Attached is an image of the windows task manager performance tab. Outside of the task manager start up spike the PC is pretty much in idle state.

You can also see what we do with the information. We get the values and put them in simple user controls like TextBoxes and Labels. We have write actions behind the buttons and the ink train colors change depending on the integer value received. There is no writing to files and no direct database connection.

In fact, the subscription loss seems to occur at complete random. We have been unable to pinpoint a specific task (either on the PLC or our HMI) that would cause the problem.

If the above sounds/looks wrong in any way I would appreciate any feedback you can give me.
One of our next steps will include checking the network itself (cables/routers/etc). We will then also do another Wireshark capture and report back. Our hope is to do this together with Rexroth for direct feedback.

I thank you for your time and look forward to your reply,

Erik
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds