Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC-UA response time tag with status bad

More
22 Mar 2015 11:41 #2976 by support
Oh, great. Thanks for explaining it here, it may help others if they face the same issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adid@contel.co.il

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2015 11:37 #2975 by adid@contel.co.il
hello,

thank you for your response.
i found the problem - and that how you said defention in vendor Kepware.

if the Device properties in kepware if the properties are :
request timeOut = 1000 milliseconds
fail after 3 successive timwouts
than it takes the opcLabs to return answer after 3.1-3.5 seconds when the tag is in status bad.

if the Device properties in kepware if the properties are :
request timeOut = 1000 milliseconds
fail after 1 successive timwouts
than it takes the opcLabs to return answer after 1.1-1.5 seconds when the tag is in status bad.

thank you,
Adi Damty

More
22 Mar 2015 08:39 #2974 by support
With very high probability, as I have stated before, the reason for this is simply that the OPC server returns the results so slow, and therefore you should resolve the problem with the server vendor first.

If you are not convinced with my assessment of where the problem comes from, we can employ an analysis tool and capture the time it takes to perform the various operations on the OPC level, which would then point the "blame arrow" to either the client or server side. In my view, however, that would be wasted time and effort, both on your and our side.

Best regards

Note: The above statement is based on the assumption that the causality comes truly from the Bad/Good status. Make sure that this is the case. There can be other factors that highly influence the time needed, such as the time needed to connect to the server. I cannot tell just from the information made available to me, but e.g. in the log before, if you are doing just the Reads, then it is possible that the client was already connected to the server when performing the operations at 09:46:37 and 09:46:38, and that's why they were completed quickly, and then (after the hold period elapsed) the client could have disconnected, and had to connect again, which would cause the operation at 09:47:03 take longer.

More
22 Mar 2015 07:53 #2973 by adid@contel.co.il
hello,

it still takes a lot of time to read tag and get an answer when the tag status is bad. i tried all the function Read\ReadMultiple\ReadValue\ReadMultipleValues and in all of them when the status is good it takes 3.5 seconds for 1 tag. in th log below you can see if that i try reading 8 tag with status good - it returns answer after 0.7 seconds and when i try to read 8 tags with status bad it takes 24 seconds to return answer.
what is the problem ?
why does it takes so long ?

thank you,
Adi Damty

2015-03-22 09:46:37 – NiranSimulator_LinePLC.OMRON_CQM51.SemiAutoMode NiranSimulator_LinePLC.OMRON_CQM51.Extruder_on
2015-03-22 09:46:37 – Function Read : 00:00:00.1191332, num of items 2
2015-03-22 09:46:38 – NiranSimulator_LinePLC.OMRON_CQM51.NewCoilCounter NiranSimulator_LinePLC.OMRON_CQM51.CoilStatus NiranSimulator_LinePLC.OMRON_CQM51.MtsCounter NiranSimulator_LinePLC.OMRON_CQM51.DripperCounter NiranSimulator_LinePLC.OMRON_CQM51.CoilTimeSec NiranSimulator_LinePLC.OMRON_CQM51.LineSpeed NiranSimulator_LinePLC.OMRON_CQM51.IsLastCoilInStack_High NiranSimulator_LinePLC.OMRON_CQM51.IsLastCoilInStack_Low
2015-03-22 09:46:38 – Function Read : 00:00:00.7264751, num of items 8
2015-03-22 09:47:03 – NiranSimulator_DoserPLC.OMRON_CQM51.GMM NiranSimulator_DoserPLC.OMRON_CQM51.Total NiranSimulator_DoserPLC.OMRON_CQM51.PerSt NiranSimulator_DoserPLC.OMRON_CQM51.PerMe NiranSimulator_DoserPLC.OMRON_CQM51.HiTotal NiranSimulator_DoserPLC.OMRON_CQM51.HiOutput NiranSimulator_DoserPLC.OMRON_CQM51.HiPerMe NiranSimulator_DoserPLC.OMRON_CQM51.HiPerSt
2015-03-22 09:47:03 – Function Read : 00:00:24.7684239, num of items 8

More
06 Jan 2015 16:55 #2584 by support
I understand, but what I am saying is that it is more likely that it is the server that takes that long to return the data (including bad status), rather than a bug in our client.

However, since the processing in ReadValue/ReadMultipleValues is more involved than in Read/ReadMultiple, it would be wise to try the same with just Read/ReadMultiple (and test the status yourself). If it still takes too long with the bad status, ask Kepware whether they are aware of it and how it can be changed.

More
06 Jan 2015 16:06 #2583 by adid@contel.co.il
hello,

the problem is with the function ReadMultipleValues. the function return array or errors ( for 5 tags, where the kepware located at the same machine where the service is running ) but it happened after 7 seconds while when the status is good it takes 1 second.
there isn't configuration for this ? or this is bug ?
i am using opc 5.30.1114.1

thank you,
adi damty

More
06 Jan 2015 16:02 #2582 by admin
We do not do things differently based on the status (except in the ReadValue/ReadMultipleValues methods, but even there the bad status should cause just an error return).

I therefore suggest to turn your attention to the server side - ask Kepware support, or try a different OPC UA client to verify the server behavior with it.

Best regards

More
06 Jan 2015 11:40 #2581 by adid@contel.co.il
hello,

I am using OPC-UA and when i read tag from the Kepware using OPC-UA and the status is good it takes about 1 second. when the status is bad - than it takes 7 seconds for the opc dll to return response. why is it takes so long ? is there any configuration that i can use to decrease this response time ?

thank you,
Adi Damty

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds