Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC-UA Node Browsing in Form Designer does not allow browsing past a certain tree depth.

More
23 Jun 2015 13:06 #3225 by pmitton
Sorry about that, I grabbed the wrong screen shot. Here are the two views again.

The dialog in the Form app.

The same data structure from an alternative client/browser.

I did know the nodeId in question, so I was able to manually enter it, so thanks for pointing out that work around. I'm still having a challenge updating a gauge control in my form (a DevExpress gauge) but that is a separate topic. Thank you again for your help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2015 05:49 #3223 by support
You are not doing anything wrong (though I do not know yet precisely what is the cause of the behavior you described). The OPC UA address space is a complex structure, as are the conditions used to display its parts - and they differ between clients.

Note: The "Reference Type Id: Organizes" on the n_wlcFbk node shows how we have gotten to this node from its parent (Global PV). It does not determine what shows *below* this node.

It is possible that the EURange node does not match the filter we have for showing in the dialog; for example, it could be using a reference type (from the n_wlcFbk) that is not one of the following: References, Aggregates, Organizes, HasComponent, HasProperty.

Without analyzing the communication between the client and the server, it is difficult to tell the exact cause.

I should also note that (although I truest you in describing the issue), you first picture is not indicative of the problem; for it to show what is needed, it should show the parent node in the tree view (on the left side), and the fact that b_wlcFbk does not show as its child in the tree.

If you can figure out the node Id of the node you want to bind to, you can get around the browsing issue by specifying it in a different way, The "Bind to UA Data" is really just a shortcut for easy node selection combined with binding to a default property of the selected control. There are other ways, too: you can e.g. select the control, choose "Edit Live Bindings", add a binding, and then configure its Node ID in the property grid.

Best regards

More
19 Jun 2015 18:28 #3222 by pmitton
I've been taking the LiveBinding tools out for a spin against a know Server and have run into a problem. As I go to bind a control to a node using the RightClick context menu I get the Node Browser as shown in the screen below. I've highlighted the Node in question, which clearly shows as Organizing type but I can not expand to get to a Node at the next level down.

If you look at the second file, you will see results of the same browse operation from another client, and the Node is available beneath.

What am I doing wrong?
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds