Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Activate NuGEt UA License

More
18 Oct 2018 11:25 #6759 by chrisachern

support wrote: I tried to determine which license you have, based on the domain of your email address on the forums.
I found that the latest license you purchased was on January 1, 2016, with 2 years maintenance, therefore covering all versions that we release until January 1, 2018. You should also be able to verify this by viewing the license details in the License Manager.

This means that (according to the data you can see on kb.opclabs.com/Versions ) you cannot use this license with version 5.53 - the release date is in June 4, 2018. The latest you can use is 2017.2 (5.51).

Best regards

Thank you. This solved my Problem.

Best Regards,
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2018 09:56 #6758 by support
Replied by support on topic Activate NuGEt UA License
I tried to determine which license you have, based on the domain of your email address on the forums.
I found that the latest license you purchased was on January 1, 2016, with 2 years maintenance, therefore covering all versions that we release until January 1, 2018. You should also be able to verify this by viewing the license details in the License Manager.

This means that (according to the data you can see on kb.opclabs.com/Versions ) you cannot use this license with version 5.53 - the release date is in June 4, 2018. The latest you can use is 2017.2 (5.51).

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrisachern

More
18 Oct 2018 09:45 #6757 by chrisachern
Hello,

i installed the Licence with the Licence Manager on my local machine. As you can see the EasyUAClient.LicenseInfo still Shows Trial.

Best Regards,
Chris
Attachments:

More
18 Oct 2018 08:52 #6755 by support
Replied by support on topic Activate NuGEt UA License
For version 5.53, the license needs to be installed under Component = "QuickOPC", not "QuickOPC 5.4".
Change that in the License Manager. If it does not give you the option (which may be the case if you only used NuGet and not the standalone installer), you have various options, such as:

a) use the standalone setup form 5.53 to install the License Manager together with the proper registry key Component= "QuickOPC".

b) create manually following - empty - registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Licensing\QuickOPC

c) use the command-line license manager (LMConsole) - opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2....html#LMConsole%20Utility.html .

The part of the documentation to study in relation to this is: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ml#Application_Deployment.html

Have a look at the rightmost column in this table ("Licensing Component") if you need similar info later: kb.opclabs.com/Versions .

Best regards

More
18 Oct 2018 07:46 #6754 by chrisachern
Hello,

i have a machine where an OPC DA Client is installed an licensed (see pic). It uses the Version 5.40.251.1.

Now i want to install a second OPC UA Client on this machine. I used the nuget packages (Version 5.53.405.1).

The License should activate both Clients. But my UA Client says Run time is over the limit in license "Multipurpose".

How can i activate the UA Client?

Best Regards,
Chris
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds