Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC UA client problem with WinCC Siemens OPC server

More
23 Sep 2016 07:53 #4364 by support
Thank you.

Re 4: How many (very roughly) items do you read, and how often?

Re 5: No application crashes just because the "CPU is saturated" - be it the CPU load of the same process, or some other process in the system. Can you please answer: How does it crash and where? Error message, stack trace, any other details?

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2016 10:48 #4358 by support
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:48 PM

Thank you,
I reply in blue in below:

1. Which QuickOPC version are you using? 5.3
2. Are you experiencing some problems (such as disconnections) before the CPU utilization grows and/or the application crashes? No. It’s work properly until the CPU grows to 100%
3. Is the server on a different machine from the client? The QuickOPC client is in the same machine of OPC server.
4. What kind of OPC operation you do? E.g. reads, writes (how often?), or subscriptions? How many items are involved? I use the read and read multiple operations.
5. "...crash my application": please explain. How does it crash and where? Error message, stack trace? My application crash because the CPU is saturated
6. Does this happen on one system only, or is it spread wider? It’s happen on the PC where is install the OPC server (WinCC of Siemens)

M.

More
21 Sep 2016 12:24 #4355 by support
Hello,

can you please clarify some things?

1. Which QuickOPC version are you using?
2. Are you experiencing some problems (such as disconnections) before the CPU utilization grows and/or the application crashes?
3. Is the server on a different machine from the client?
4. What kind of OPC operation you do? E.g. reads, writes (how often?), or subscriptions? How many items are involved?
5. "...crash my application": please explain. How does it crash and where? Error message, stack trace?
6. Does this happen on one system only, or is it spread wider?

Thank you

More
21 Sep 2016 12:21 #4354 by support
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:05 PM
To: Z.
Subject: OPC UA client problem with WinCC Siemens OPC server

Hi Zbynet,
I try to connect to a Siemens WinCC OPC UA server with my C# application with your OPC UA.
It seems to work for some minute/hour until at a certain moment the OPC UA server(process Miniweb.exe) grow up the CPU utilization and crash my application.
Can you help me? Is there a particular configuration how to connect my OPC UA client to a Siemens WinCC UA server Application?

Thanks,
M.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds