Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

UA Browse Methods

More
25 Mar 2012 04:28 #812 by support
UA Browse Methods was created by support

R.

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 9:57 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: RE: UA Browse Methods
I think that answers it for me. Explaining it as "filtering" makes more sense now.
R.

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 4:15 PM
To: R.
Cc: W.
Subject: RE: UA Browse Methods
R.,
From the "Concepts" document, chapter "

I can elaborate more on the different types if you need – let me know if so.
In the end, all these methods just call into BrowseNodes. BrowseNodes is a fully generic method that takes UABrowseParameters, which is basically a "filter" for selecting the nodes to be returned.
Best regards,
ZZ
Browsing for OPC Nodes":
There are following browse methods specialized for data access:
? BrowseObjects
? BrowseVariables
? BrowseProperties
? BrowseDataNodes
Objects (returned by the BrowseObjects method) are equivalent of folders in a file system – they provide means of organizing other nodes logically. Variables (returned by the BrowseVariables method) represent a value, and clients can read the value, write the value, or subscribe to changes of the value. Properties (returned by the BrowseProperties method) represent additional characteristics of a node which is not described by its attributes. The BrowseDataNodes method returns all kinds of data nodes – and we use the term data nodes for any of objects, variables, or properties.

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 4:29 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Cc: W.
Subject: UA Browse Methods
Hello Zbynek,
Can you give me some more insight into the different Browse methods in the Data-UA? What is the difference between the BrowseDataNodes, BrowseNodes, BrowseObjects, and BrowseVariables methods?  They all seem to take the same parameters and return the same object?
In which cases would I use which method?
Thanks in advance,
R.
R. Zbynek Zahradnik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds