Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

is there a way to provide credentials (username and password) when connecting to

More
22 May 2019 05:41 #7411 by support
If you are referring to the NetworkSecurity property, then this is not used with OPC UA.

You need to use UserIdentity property instead. See
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...entity%20in%20QuickOPC-UA.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ntDescriptor~UserIdentity.html

Example (although for a GDS, which is specialized OPC UA server, but anyway - it shows the point):

opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ind%20all%20registrations.html

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2019 21:29 #7410 by gtan14
Ok seems like machine name is not needed, and I can just pass a username and password into it. However, do I need to set a setting to tell quickopc to use the username and password, kind of like UseCustomSecurity for DA?

More
21 May 2019 21:18 #7409 by gtan14
I think I figured it out. UAEndpointDescriptor has a network security which I can edit. However, what would machine name be? Is that just local host? Or can it be anything?

More
21 May 2019 21:04 #7408 by gtan14
Ok, got it working! Last question, is there a way to provide credentials (username and password) when connecting to an OPCUA server?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds