Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Quality Codes in UA

More
03 Jul 2017 18:51 #5307 by support
Replied by support on topic Quality Codes in UA
If you speak about network connection between the OPC client and OPC server (and not about possible network between the OPC server and its target device), then, in fact, there are no qualities or status codes to speak of.

The quality (OPC Classic) or the status code (OPC UA) is part of the data being transferred between the client and the server. If the data cannot be transferred, the quality/status code cannot be transferred either.

In case of network problems between QuickOPC and the OPC server, the methods that return single result throw an exception. Methods that return an array of objects derived from OperationResult return a non-null value in the OperationResult.Exception property.

I will need to see parts of your code, especially those that process the results, in order to be able to tell more. I suspect the problem is more in the understanding of how to process the results, rather than some in kind of bug in the component.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2017 15:32 #5306 by AdamBOD
Quality Codes in UA was created by AdamBOD
I've been working with the Quality Codes but if I try to simulate bad connectivity to a demo UA tag (remove network connection) the value and quality code just get stuck on the last received value, with DA on the other hand, stopping the demo tag service results in a Bad quality code

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds