Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

EasyUAClient - browsing, user authentication with a certificate, etc.

More
13 Oct 2014 13:22 - 13 Oct 2014 13:25 #2423 by g.aino
Hi,
we've installed the Demo application, we'll use EasyUAClient in a WEB API to connect to a remote server to get some system values and to listen the server to intercept change on some nodeId.

The connection to the server will use "User identify", (Security Mode = none , Security Policy = none, Message Encoding = Binary) I've studied your demo code but I don't found any Example that meet my needs, no Doc that explain the main things to know and how.
I watch 'www.opclabs.com/forum/connections-reconnections-com-dcom/1477-connecting-to-remote-server' but I would not use COM\DCOM.

I've used the client 'Opc.Ua.SampleClient.exe' that I found in:
StartMenu\OPC Foundation\UA SDK 1.01\Testing\UA Sample Client
and all goes right: certificate, User authentications, browsing remote server objects.

In this first steps I'm developping a console application with Visual Studio .net 2013, all I found that I need in first steps are:
1. Set server (NOT localhost and standard demo configuration) address/ endpoint like opc.tcp://yyyy.zzz.xx:9999
2. Set the user identification credentials
3. Connect the server and browse the main root object

After this first steps I'll get values from NodeID and listen any change in this or other nodeID. You can help me to get info about how to procede to evaulate your solutions,
thank you in advance
Last edit: 13 Oct 2014 13:25 by g.aino. Reason: A clarification about test environment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds