Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Expected UA calls when a Read is performed

More
14 Jun 2014 09:23 #2044 by support
Here is a capture from UA CTT when a single Read is made using EasyUAClient:

The first 3 calls should always be teher:
- GetEndpoints
- CreateSession
- ActivateSession

The next set of 3 Read-s is not related to what your app is doing - it is the client obtaining the basic information from the server it needs to operate.

The Publish and CreateMonitoredItems calls, in this case (when you are not explicitly subscribing), are also not related to your app. This is for a house-keeping subscription that is made automatically by the EasyUAClient to monitor the server status.

The TranslateBrowsePathsToNodeIds may or may not appear - it depends on whether the node was specified by using the browse path (as in my example), or directly by node it (in which case this call will not be present).

The OPC-UA call that actually performs the Read from the app is highlighted, and its details are in the right pane.

In case your client trace only has the GetEndpoints, I think that two possibilities exist:
1. The GetEndpoints failed, or no suitable endpoint was found by EasyUAClient. In this case you should get an error/exception.
2. Something got wrong between UA CTT and the client, and the GetEndpoints redirected the client to an endpoint that does NOT go through CTT, and therefore the rest of the communication had not been captured. If I remember well, CTT is supposed to modify the endpoints accordingly, but maybe you need to instruct it to run the appropriate script first.

Best regards
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2014 09:13 #2043 by support
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:55 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Cc: c.
Subject: RE: Initial Value Issue [...]

Hi Zbynek,

[...]

Basically, I was wanting to know:

1. What are the calls I should see in the UA CTT when I perform a write?
2. What are the calls I should see in the UA CTT when I perform a read?

Thank you.

Regards,
L.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds