Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Configurate Opc Ua CLient

More
23 Dec 2017 17:27 #5770 by support
Replied by support on topic Configurate Opc Ua CLient
How long does it take, in these clients that work, if you subscribe to 1000 items, before you get a response? In seconds. I am assuming that the error log you sent me was with a similar configuration (i.e. they you have also attempted to subscribe to ~1000 items, at once).

What I am trying to determine is whether the problem is simply not in the detection of server irresponsiveness on our side. If it takes long in other clients as well, but they simply ignore the fact that the server is irresponsive in the meantime, we should be able to resolve it by turning off the corresponding checks on our side.

Regards'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2017 12:55 #5769 by alr1976
Replied by alr1976 on topic Configurate Opc Ua CLient
No It is Faster....

So There is no solutions? Also uaexpert works...

More
23 Dec 2017 12:09 #5768 by support
It is quite possible that the server gets bogged down by a request to subscribe to many monitored items at once, and it fails to keep the connection alive. It is "understandable", but still it is a server problem that should be fixed on the server.

If you subscribe to 1000 tags using the Kepware UA client, how fast is it before it first responds? I am trying to determine whether they do it one by one, or at once. Is it as slow as in your "one by one" test, or is it significantly faster?

Regards

More
23 Dec 2017 11:36 #5767 by alr1976
Hi!

I do some tests ...
I have used your OPC ua Explorer and i understand that:

If i use SubscribeMultipleMonitoredItems with about 1000 tags or less for example 200 i have problem with connection but if i take 1000 tags One by One(It works but take a log of time). Also your OPC ua Explorer give connection error. I have tried with kepware OPC ua client and It works. So i think that There is problem with SubscribeMultipleMonitoredItems with low bandwidth

More
23 Dec 2017 10:37 #5766 by support
Thank you very much. Regarding the discussion about Isolated: All that I wanted to make sure is that you do not unnecessarily create too many objects that use Isolated = true and are used to connect to the same target endpoint - in which case each of them would use its own connection, which of course increases the load on the network. If you know what you are doing i this respect, then it is OK.

I am very grateful for this last error log. It is simplified (just one connection) and shows the issue clearly. It looks like there is simply no response from the server for extended periods of time (over 33 seconds). That causes the client to raise the error. There are mechanisms built into the OPC UA that require both the client and the server to respond during certain time, to make sure the connection is still alive. It is worth noting that not all clients actually check that.

Note: I cannot tell form the logs whether you are creating your own subscriptions. The errors I am seeing are most likely related to an internal subscription that we make to monitor the server status. It might be possible to mitigate them by turning this monitoring off, by setting SessionParameters.StatusSubscriptionSamplingInterval to -1. But such problems usually affect all subscriptions, so the chance that this would help is not big. But it is worth trying.

I suggest that you try the above setting. If that does not help, take the error log again, and do it in parallel with taking Wireshark log (kb.opclabs.com/Collecting_information_for_troubleshooting). The resulting info should clearly point to a fault on either client side or server side.

One more suggestion: Please enhance your error output by logging the time (up to milliseconds if possible) of each log entry.

Best regards

More
22 Dec 2017 20:48 #5765 by alr1976
Hi!

I have changed some parameter but I have same results...no connection..
Attachments:

More
22 Dec 2017 18:01 #5764 by alr1976
Hi!

ok I have removed 2 uaclient object and now I use only 1 uaclient object but after disconnect uaclient doesn t reconnect with server but freeze in disconnecting..
Attachments:

More
22 Dec 2017 17:20 #5763 by alr1976
Yes i got 3 object with isolated = true with different IPS. Each object read 1000 OPC ua tags. If i use isolated = false and 1 server is unavaiable i can t write tags in server that works.
For example
Server 1 is online
Server 2 is online
When isolated = false and try write a tag in server 1 write doesn t works. But if i use isolated = true It works.
So i have 3000 tags in different ip Can i use 1 easyuaclient object? Whats is max tags that 1 easyuaclient object Can handle?

More
22 Dec 2017 17:02 #5762 by support
Regarding the error log, before we start deeper troubleshooting: It appears that there are at least 3 connections being made and maintained to the server in parallel. That's certainly not good if you wanted to reduce the bandwidth. Are you creating multiply EasyUAClient objects with Isolated == true? If so, do not do that in this case...

Best regards

More
22 Dec 2017 16:53 #5761 by support
In COM (Delphi):

- The EasyUAClient object has InstanceParameters; they always apply and you can set them as you need.

- The EasyUAClient object has IsolatedParameters; they are taken into account when EasyUAClient.Isolated == true (in which case there will be a dedicated connection to the target server for that particular EasyUAClient instance).

- When EasyUAClient.Isolated == false (the default), the EasyUAClient.IsolatedParameters on that instance are ignored. Instead, all such objects use a shared set of such parameters, which in .NET you can access through a static property EasyUAClient.AdaptableParameters; in COM there are no static members, so you do that by instantiating an EasyUAClientConfiguration object, and there is an AdaptableParameters property on it.

- And last, there is a set of parameters that are *always* shared, and they are in .NET in a static property EasyUAClient.SharedParameters, and in COM you can access them by instantiating an EasyUAClientConfiguration object too, and there is a SharedParameters property on it.

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds