Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Configurate Opc Ua CLient

More
11 Jan 2018 15:52 #5854 by alr1976
Replied by alr1976 on topic Configurate Opc Ua CLient
Problem is :
Client disconnect but not reconnect After 10 second... I have always client disconnect..
After 1 hour client never reconnect

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2018 15:22 #5853 by support
Replied by support on topic Configurate Opc Ua CLient
First of all, can you please enhance you logs by timestamps. Without having the time associated with each log entry, the log is nearly useless.

Second, the logs show communication problems with the server, so I do not see why these should always be looked at by our side. For example, the log entry clearly says that the server is not responding to keep alive requests (that can be network or server issue). I have no reason to think that these error log entries are wrong, until shown otherwise.

Best regards

More
11 Jan 2018 09:30 #5852 by alr1976
Hi!

now I have new problem.. sometimes opcua client disconnect and doesn t reconnect anymore...
I have attached log file
Attachments:

More
08 Jan 2018 07:08 #5817 by support
It is possible that the difference between message sizes (estimated # of tags) I saw was not real - unfortunately, as I wrote, precisely at the point where needed most, Wireshark failed to show the true content of the communication.

More
05 Jan 2018 16:41 #5813 by alr1976
Hi!

Kepware read same data than Opclabs..... you see only 15 tags because it have 15 groups(Folder)...

I got an other problem.....

I subscribe 15 Tags with my slow connection and it take time.... so if user close Forms it need to wait that subscribe read data..... It seem that is not possible cancel subscribe....

for example Subscribe connection take 3/5 min to answer
user close form..... It is not closed until Subscribe finish....

I have tried disconnect but doesn t works.... Have you some ideas?

More
03 Jan 2018 17:31 - 03 Jan 2018 17:32 #5801 by support
Thank you for the Wireshark logs. I do not have a conclusive answer for you, but here are my findings:

A) The network appears to be not just slow, but in a "bad shape". For example, in the opclabs log, there seems to be no truly delivered OPC-UA messages since time around 106.26: Only TCP retransmissions after 60 seconds each (times cca 166.97, then 226.97, 286.97, 346.97, 406.97, 468.98 ... etc.). The kepware log shows problems too, although not as such bad scale. Longer messages in particular seem to be quite problematic to process or deliver.

B ) In the opclabs log, the requested publishing interval for the main subscription is 500 milliseconds (I suppose this is because you use a sampling rate of 1000 milliseconds), whereas in the kepware log, the publishing interval is 5000 milliseconds. In order to make a fair comparison with Kepware, you should use a publishing interval of 10000 milliseconds in your QuickOPC code. The publishing interval forms a basis for computation of keep-alive interval, and has therefore influence on communication problem detection.

C) For some reason, Wireshark does not show me the decoded contents of the CreateMonitoredItemsRequest message in either log, therefore I cannot easily compare them in detail. But I can roughly judge from the length of the message, which is 15410 bytes in opclabs log (packet #7217) but is 1370 bytes in the kepware log (packet #29501), that the number of items used from the Kepware client was much lower than that used from QuickOPC. Correct me if I am wrong. If you want to see results comparable with Kepware, you need to subscribe to the same (number of) items. My estimate is at the opclabs request contained about 200 monitored items, while the kepware request around 15.

D) QuickOPC is correctly flagging the session as halted because there truly is no communication from the server for extended period of time (which can be for the reasons described under A, B, C), but if needed, the time interval for such detection can be increased, making the client to be more "patient" when something in the communication goes wrong.

My recommendations are - please try them in this order, first 1), then add 2), then add 3):

1. Increase the FastestKeepAliveInterval from 5000 to e.g. 30000 milliseconds, and the FastestLifetimeInterval from 15000 to e.g. 90000 milliseconds (this to address the finding under "D"). For client objects that have EasyUAClient.Isolated equal to 'False', these settings are accessible through EasyUAClientConfiguration.AdaptableParameters.SubscriptionParameters. For client objects that have EasyUAClient.Isolated equal to 'True', these settings are accessible though EasyUAClient.IsolatedParameters.SubscriptionParameters.

2. Increase the sampling rate of your monitored items from 1000 milliseconds to 10000 milliseconds.(this to address the finding under "B")

3. Call SubscribeMultipleXXXX in "batches" with reasonable number of items (such as the number you have used form Kepware client) - that is, not one item at a time, but also not 200 items at a time. Start with e.g. 20. (this to address the findings under "A" and "C")

Best regards
Last edit: 03 Jan 2018 17:32 by support.

More
27 Dec 2017 07:08 #5775 by support
Dear Sir,

thank you. I apologize but I won't be able to look at the logs sooner than next week, as I am on vacation.
If some large log has still not been sent, please try a) FTP it to anonymous ftp at ftp.opclabs.com/upload, b) email it to sales09 (at) opclabs.com, c) sent using Dropbox or a similar service.

Best regards

More
25 Dec 2017 08:07 #5774 by alr1976
I forget opclab wireshark log
Attachments:

More
25 Dec 2017 08:05 #5773 by alr1976
hi!

winshark log are very big 22mb.. I can t attach it... so please let me know how do it
Attachments:

More
25 Dec 2017 08:02 #5772 by alr1976
ok I do some test and kepware opc ua works very fastest but opclabs doesn t works..i have always disconnecting or I have connected but do anything...

so now I have wireshark trace for kepware and for opcua

thanks Alessandro
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds