Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

subscribing to multiple tags using xml on remote server

More
28 Mar 2018 07:03 #6189 by support
Hello,

you can find this out yourself by constructing a ServerDescriptor, settings its Host property, and serializing it into XML.

The information you need will be contained in the same UrlString element as you have listed above, and will look similar to this:
  • opcda://hostNameOrIPAddress/OPCLabs.KitServer.2

See also: www.opclabs.com/resources/developer-blog/1086-a-partial-story-of-opc-urls

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2018 06:51 #6188 by rotem
Hi,
i on upgrading an 5.23 application to 2017.2, i have used the XML to build the list of tags
i have tried to use your sample of xml file to read multiple tags,
but in the example i havent found any parameter for server IP/HOST,
the SubscribeFromXml xml example:
<ServerDescriptor xmlns="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.OperationModel">
  <UrlString xmlns="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/OpcLabs.BaseLib">opcda:OPCLabs.KitServer.2</UrlString> 
  </ServerDescriptor>
what do i need to add for the server IP/HOST ?

in the 5.23 version i have added my own data fields into the xml, but the 2017.2 version is more strict on parsing, can i implement this here as well ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds