Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Value conversion and other [browse issues]

More
05 Apr 2017 13:16 #5077 by support
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 3:04 PM
To: Z.
Subject: RE: OPC Labs Contact Form - Value conversion and other

[...]

You ask what I can not see

For example I have an Hitachi PLC called PLC1

This I have made in my OPC DA Server

The PLC1 tag I can not find. Under that tag there are the PLC Tag adressen line M00000 or WM0000.

That PLC1 that is only available the first time I look for a tag.

After the first time it is nog shown and it gives an error.

I do not know hows fault it is Quick OPC or is it the Hitachi OPC DA Server.

The second or first quistion

It is about value conversion how van I do this. How can I validate and how can I convert.

I hope you understand me.

Greatings From W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2017 12:48 #5075 by support
Hello.

We will need more details to both issues in order to be able to tell more.

To the first issue:

1A) "I read an interger but it becames a string". QuickOPC does not do that, unless told to. How do you know that it has become a string?

1B) can you post your code here?

1C) "I can not write a value". What are the symptoms? Do you get an exception - if so, what is the exception text and details? Or is the write going through but it appears to be ignored?

To the second issue:

2A) "....I can not choose my PLC". I do not understand this quite well. Can you provide a picture, and explain what is the observed versus expected behavior?

2B) Do you get any error message in this case?

Best regards

More
05 Apr 2017 12:44 #5074 by support
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 1:30 PM
To: Z.
Subject: OPC Labs Contact Form - Value conversion and other

[...]
I donw loaded your Quick OPC Client for Dot net.

But I can raed values but I can not write a value.

Do I need to fill in the conversion. I read an interger but it becames a string. Now I change a string and I want that it becomes an Integer.

Second I can choose mij points in myn Saia Burgess OPC DA server but I can only at the first time Browse in my OPC DA server from Hitachi and after the first time I can not choose my PLC

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds