Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Obtain PLC IP Address

More
12 Feb 2015 17:08 #2764 by support
Replied by support on topic Obtain PLC IP Address
It is possible that the IP in parentheses is just shown on the server side. To be absolutely sure, when you call BrowseNodes/BrowseBranches/BrowseLeaves, have a look at BOTH .Name ("the short name") and .ItemId properties of each resulting DANodeElement, whether the info isn't there.

It is also possible that the server returns no properties. The properties are, however, defined separately on each node. You should therefore pass a machine name, server class, and a node name to the BrowseProperties method.

A quick question to Moxa support about this is highly recommended, though.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: galegon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2015 16:52 #2763 by galegon
Replied by galegon on topic Obtain PLC IP Address
Hi,

You are right regarding the not appearing of the IP inside of the parentheses, thats puzzle me.
I did as you suggested and called the EasyDAClient.Browseproperties("EPS2","MOxa_Active_OPC_server","E1213-01") and I always get an empty DAPropertyElementCollection.
- machinename - "EPS2"
- ServerClass - "MOxa_Active_OPC_server"
Shouldn't this function use the same properties as in the EasyDAClient.BrowseLeaves?

Thanks

More
12 Feb 2015 16:19 #2762 by support
Replied by support on topic Obtain PLC IP Address
There is no standardized way in OPC specs to achieve this. The nodes in OPC address space can represent just about anything, therefore it wouldn't make sense to put something into the specs about IP addresses of PLCs.

There may be a way to do it, if the target OPC server has provided a capability for it. For example, it can have the IP address "encoded" in the node name (as in the picture taken on the server side); but if I understand it correctly, the part in parentheses does not appear over the OPC browsing, right? Or, the server could provide this information in form of a vendor-specific OPC property on the PLC branch; to check that, call EasyDAClient.BrowseProperties. In general, because this question is server-specific, it should be answered by consulting the server's documentation, or by the producer of the server.

Best regards

More
12 Feb 2015 16:04 #2761 by galegon
Hello,

I´m building an application to manage the communication between OPC and third party program using opclabs. Our goal is to received the events from the devices associated to a target OPC Server.

I´m able to connect to the OPC Server and retrieve the PLC associated to him.
I´m also able to received the correct events triggered in the respective PLC.

My question is regarding the PLC IP address. Is there any way to obtain the PLC IP address, so far I´m able to obtain the PLC name model (i.e. E1213-01) listed in the IoLogik tree with the function BrowseBranches(..) and the respective nodes associated with the device with the BrowseLeave(...), but I also need a function to return the IP from the PLC device.

Is any way to achieve this? I´m working in a C# environment.

P.S. In the Moxa Active OPC Server in the tree view, the device is under ioLogik listed as E1213-01(192.168.8.196)

Thanks in advance,

NG
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds