Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

write then read then monitor - incongruous results

More
More
03 Feb 2015 19:50 #2683 by giles
I shall try when i get time many thank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2015 17:30 - 03 Feb 2015 17:30 #2681 by support
I suspect that we deliver to you what the server gives to us. But I have no evidence in hand to prove that. Would it be possible for you to put the OPC Analyzer server (which we can provide) in between, and grab the communication trace? This requires to modify the client so that it talks to the OPC Analazer server instead.

How frequently does this happen? And, if we get the communication trace, how would we identify the moment of the incident? Will you know e.g. from your client app the time when things went wrong?

Thank you
Last edit: 03 Feb 2015 17:30 by support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giles

More
03 Feb 2015 17:06 #2680 by giles
it's kepware kepserverex talking to allen bradley ethernet

More
03 Feb 2015 14:02 #2678 by support
Which OPC Server are you using please?

Is this issue with "real" tags, or some kind of simulated tags?

Thank you

More
02 Feb 2015 22:55 #2673 by giles
Hi. I am writing with DAClient.WriteMultipleItemValues then pretty much immediately reading back with DAClient.ReadMultipleItemValues the values I wrote.

Then I subscribe with DAClient.SubscribeMultipleItems

however the first values I get back from the subscription is sometimes the value before it was set - and the value that same subscription had previously.

Ie it seems to be holding the subscriptions open but the write and subscribe aren't being synchronised.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds