Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Very slow periodic WriteItemValue() calls

More
10 Aug 2015 19:34 #3483 by support
You can use e.g.

easyDAclient = new EasyDAClient();
easyDAclient.InstanceParameters.HoldPeriods.TopicRead = 300000;
easyDAclient.InstanceParameters.HoldPeriods.TopicWrite = 300000;

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2015 09:22 #3482 by MAJLGC
How can I configure HoldPeriod in Version 5.23 to be at least 5 minutes?

Can you please give me a link to download OPC Analyzer?. We already have a license for QuickOPC

Thank for your support

More
25 May 2015 15:37 #3168 by support
Investigations with OPC Analyzer etc. take time and effort. There is no need to make that effort if the behavior is to be expected.

More
25 May 2015 15:08 #3167 by pcollins01
We are using FSGateway, I will need to get some data from the Engineering Team.

I was hoping to be able to use OPC Analyzer to prove that the issue is NOT with QuickOPC.NET.

More
25 May 2015 11:49 #3166 by support
What does the OPC server vendor say about expected time needed to perform an OPC Write, under various conditions?

More
25 May 2015 10:03 #3164 by pcollins01
I have a very similar problem, 600ms to write. I cannot find the link to OPC Analyzer either. Any help would be appreciated.

More
08 Sep 2014 16:02 #2250 by support
I have sent a direct link to the email address registered with your account.

Yes, OPC Writes are not done in one step. Internally, a call to OPC method AddItems must be made for any particular item first, only then the actual Write can be made. We handle this internally for you, therefore the first Write involves more than subsequent ones. The effect of AddItems is reverted by a call to RemoveItems, and we call that when the item is no longer "in use" for some time, which is configurable (a "hold period"). This could be the reason. I must say, however, that if AddItems (for 1 item) inside the OPC server is largely responsible for this delay, it would be an unusually slow implementation. Either way, doing the OPC Analyzer trace would be beneficial.

Best regards

More
08 Sep 2014 15:29 #2249 by athyssen
I can navigate to Tools and see a VC100Debug and VC 90 debug setups but no restricted area.

FYI, I have added another periodic write once per second and on the first write it takes 600ms. On subsequent writes its 5ms-15ms. My original issue may be occurring if I haven't written to that tag in quite a while. Is there some additional setup that may be happening on infrequent writes, say 1-2 minutes?

More
08 Sep 2014 14:44 #2248 by support
It can be because you need to be logged into the site for the file to be accessible (which may be difficult to do if you are clicking on the link in the email); or it can be other problem on our side. You can try this alternative sequence:

1. Log to the site.
2. From the top menu, select Resources -> Product Information
3. In the left menu, select Knowledge Base.
4. In the Knowledge Base, navigate to Tools -> Restricted.

In case you still get problems, let me know, allowing the access is done manually and it is sometimes problematic. Also, please log out first if you have been logged in from earlier time, because the account permissions have been changed, to make sure the system picks them up.

More
08 Sep 2014 14:35 #2247 by athyssen
Downloaded the instructions but the link to OPC Analyzer is taking me to a general Knowledge Base search.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds