Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

WriteItemValue -> "Exception from HRESULT: 0xC004D004"

More
02 Dec 2010 15:57 #150 by support
I am glad it has been resolved.
Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2010 13:09 #149 by jorma.sarnikorpi@ontec.fi
Hello,
Problem solved! It seems that problem was caused by FSGateway. I did update it to version 1.5 SP1 and after this I was able to write values without exceptions.

More
26 Nov 2010 07:31 #144 by jorma.sarnikorpi@ontec.fi
Thank you very much!
Best Regards,
Jorma

More
25 Nov 2010 16:19 #143 by support
Yes. At this point I do not know help I can help your further; the investigation needs to be on the OPC Server part. If you needed something like precise name of the function returning the error, and the parameters used to call that function, I can work with you and try to obtain such information - let me know. From the log, however, the error appears to be more related to some kind of device communication, and not much to the OPC-facing interface.
Best regards,
ZZ

More
25 Nov 2010 11:12 #142 by jorma.sarnikorpi@ontec.fi
Hello,
I am using Wonderware FSGateway 1.5. I couldn't find any decent documentation to its error codes. But I found following entries from log of FSGateway:
Timed out waiting for CAL to return Poke acknowledgement for item
Item 'ai_H_LTE_SP_7' poke failed

So, I guess you are right; error comes from OPC Server.

More
25 Nov 2010 10:07 #141 by support
This particular error code does not appear to be coming from the QuickOPC.NET component; its origin is likely in the OPC Server itself.

What is the OPC server you are using?
Is there any documentation to its error code?

Many thanks
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
24 Nov 2010 13:39 #140 by jorma.sarnikorpi@ontec.fi
Hello,
I am using method WriteItemValue(). It takes something like 30 seconds and then there comes out exception "Exception from HRESULT: 0xC004D004". Interesting thing is that value _is_ written into the item (I can see its value changing).
I can also read corresponding item without problems using ReadItem().
Any ideas what is going on?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds