Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

BoxedApp SDK notification

More
04 Jun 2018 13:31 #6387 by support
Replied by support on topic BoxedApp SDK notification
Hello,

I am sorry to hear about the StackOverflow Exception. Are you sure you have the released bits of QuickOPC 2018.2 and not any of pre-releases? We have only made it public several hours ago. The version/build should be 5.53.225.1 or later.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2018 12:35 - 04 Jun 2018 12:52 #6386 by hcrowe
Replied by hcrowe on topic BoxedApp SDK notification
Good Morning,

I installed the 2018.2 build and now I am getting the following error in my output wondow.

Process is terminated due to StackOverflowException.
An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

The program '[4284] Batch_WPF.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).

If I disable the EasyOpc components the error seems to go away. On a positive note I never got the BoxedApp notification.

Went back to 2018.1 version and the StackOverFlowException issue went away. Of course the BoxedApp issue is back.

Thanks,
Last edit: 04 Jun 2018 12:52 by hcrowe. Reason: Added additional info

More
04 Jun 2018 07:54 #6385 by support
Hello,
thank you for details.

If the problem persists in QuickOPC 2018.2 we would like to know. QuickOPC 2018.2 has the newest version of the said library in it, so in such case we could contact the vendor and see if they can resolve it.

Best regards

More
31 May 2018 15:16 #6384 by hcrowe
Hi,

It appears disabling prerequisites boxing worked. I was able to run the application with no issues. Its odd though I can run a separate application using the components with no issue.

In answering your questions:

1. No I didn't have issue from the start. I tested the components for a few weeks before making a decision on going with the component. After management gave me the approval to purchase. I stripped out the OPC stack and replaced everything with your components tested for almost a week before the issue came up.

2. Only running on one machine but I have the components in two different projects one works fine.

3. I couldn't find the file in the project directory I even searched the entire C drive the only reference came up in the OPCLabs 2018.1 install.

4. Tried to check the GAC but couldn't get the gacutil.exe to run. Tried running in administrator command window would open for a second then close.

If the workaround is a viable solution I'm fine with going that route. I can try the new install 2018.2 at some point and check again.

Anyways thanks for the help enjoying the components.

More
30 May 2018 05:55 - 30 May 2018 05:55 #6378 by support
Hello, thank you for the details.

It is weird. I know where the message is coming from, but it should not be happening. It comes from the library that we use in QuickOPC internally, and the license for it is also embedded in QuickOPC. It is not related to the status of your QuickOPC license, that's for sure.

Here are my suggestions:
- The easiest: Check our Web in a week from now. At that date we should have QuickOPC 2018.2 released, and it has a new version (and a new license) of the BoxedApp SDK in it. There is a chance the message will go away when you build with new QuickOPC version.
- Possible workaround: Please have a look at kb.opclabs.com/How_to_disable_prerequisites_boxing and create and deploy the .config file as described there.

In addition, if you answer the following, it would help us understand better what might be happening:

1. Have you had the problem from the very beginning. If not, can you identify the moment when it started appearing? E.g. update of QuickOPC, or something else installed on the computer that might be in conflict?
2. Are you running QuickOPC on more computers, and if so, do you also have the same problem elsewhere?
3. In the directory where you application's EXE resides, do you also have BoxedAppSDK.Managed.dll file? (Ideally, the answer should be No).
4. Can you check whether the above mentioned library is in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC?). Ideally, the answer should also be No. Instructions: Locate gacutil.exe on your system, for .NET Framework 3.5 or later (it might be e.g. in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\bin\NETFX 4.6.2 Tools") and switch to its directory. Then, run following command:

gacutil /l | find /I "boxedapp"
What is the output? (post it here if non-empty)

Many thanks
Last edit: 30 May 2018 05:55 by support.

More
29 May 2018 17:41 #6376 by hcrowe
Currently I am using opclabs.baselib, opclabs.baselibpresentation and opclabs.easyopcua all three are runtime version: v4.0.30319 and version: 5.52.164.1

Hope this is what your needing.

Thanks,

More
29 May 2018 16:40 #6373 by support
Can you please find out the precise version and build # of QuickOPC?
Right-click on one of the OpcLabs.*.dll assemblies in your build output folder, select Properties, and read the version form the Details tab.

Thank you

More
29 May 2018 16:10 #6372 by hcrowe
Hi,

I have recently been testing with your components. Last week I started getting the attached error. If I disable any calls to the OPCLABS components the notification goes away.

We have recently purchased a site license after installing the license the notification keep coming back up every time I start the project.

Thanks,
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds