Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

BoxedApp SDK notification

More
13 Jun 2018 13:08 #6444 by support
Replied by support on topic BoxedApp SDK notification
Great. Also thanks for letting me know.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2018 12:49 #6443 by hcrowe
Replied by hcrowe on topic BoxedApp SDK notification
Hi Again,

First off thanks for all the help you have provided.

Just wanted to give a final update on this issue. We obtained the latest DLLs from quick license manager. No more stackoverflow issue and no more boxedapp issue. Hopefully this issue resolved.

Thanks,

More
11 Jun 2018 17:01 - 13 Jun 2018 13:09 #6426 by support
Hi.

The disadvantages of using the app.config (kb.opclabs.com/How_to_disable_prerequisites_boxing ) workaround are:

1. If you are using OPC Classic, Microsoft Visual C++ runtime has to be installed manually on the computer.
2. If you are using OPC Classic, OCP proxies/stubs must be installed manually on the computer.
3. If you are using OPC UA and let QuickOPC generate the application instance certificate for you, OPC Foundation CertificateGenerator must be installed manually on the computer (it is sufficient to have this for the first run of the application only).

See also opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ml#Prerequisites%20Boxing.html .

The necessary links for these are under the Redist folder.

My principal recommendation is to contact the QLM Express authors and let them know about the stack overflow. It is possible that it is a bug on their side that they can fix easily.

Regards
Last edit: 13 Jun 2018 13:09 by support.

More
08 Jun 2018 15:10 #6411 by hcrowe
Hi,

Yes we are using quick license manager to lock our software down. What would be your recommendation going forward. Should I just leave the fix in the App.Config file or do you think this will cause issues later on?

Thanks,

More
08 Jun 2018 14:58 #6409 by support
Hello,

thank you, this is really interesting. Apparently, in the call stack there is no "our" code at all. What's involved is some QlmLicenseLib.dll assembly. That is not ours. Some Googling told me that it may be related to Quick License Manager (QLM) Express product, from soraco.co/support . Are you using that directly, or are you referencing some other library that uses it ?

The issue may be some conflict between us and them. In fact, as I can see they are probably hooking to AssemblyResolve event, I have already seen several bad implementations of such hook that can cause various issues, including StackOverflowException. For one, the handler must not throw, unless there is a problem with loading the assembly found; it must return null (and not throw) when the assembly is simply "unknown". Not all programmers get that.

Regards

More
08 Jun 2018 11:38 #6405 by hcrowe
Hi again.

Sorry about that. Hopefully this is what you are looking for. I copied a section since it just repeats.

Thanks,
Attachments:

More
08 Jun 2018 05:46 #6403 by support
Thank you - it looks like that you have achieved to break into the right state. But the screenshots don't give me the information I was looking for. This is because they are not of the Call Stack, but rather of the various variables.

What I was asking for was the window that you get after performing Debug -> Windows -> Call Stack.

Can you repeat the test?

Also note that the window's whole contents (which is going to be big, but not necessary) or its part (it will have repetitive sections, so just a handful of them is sufficient) can be marked and copied to the clipboard.

Many thanks
Best regards

More
07 Jun 2018 12:22 #6399 by hcrowe
Hi,

Attached is the output from the stack window. I'm not sure how useful it is hopefully it means something to you.

If code from where I'm using the components would be useful let me know. As of right now I'm just setting up two subscriptions and checking server status in one other spot.

Thanks,
Attachments:

More
07 Jun 2018 06:09 #6395 by support
Thank you. I cannot reproduce this, so want to ask you for some hep on your side again.
I would like to figure out what the call stack at the time of StackOverflowException. I know that this can be difficult, as these tend to terminate the process, but let's try. Can you please:

1. In Debug -> Windows -> Exception Settings, add the StackOverflowException to the first-chance exceptions that will break, under "Common Language Runtime Exceptions".

2. In Debug -> Options, check "Break when exceptions cross AppDomain or managed/native boundaries...".

3. In Debug -> Options, *uncheck* "Enable Just My Code".

4. In Debug -> Options, check "Use Managed Compatibility Mode".

If you now trigger the problem again, do you get a break into the debugger, and some usable info in Call Stack window? If so, please send it my way.

Best regards

More
06 Jun 2018 12:26 - 06 Jun 2018 12:28 #6388 by hcrowe
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know I downloaded 2018.2 again. Seems the stackoverflowexception issue has vanished. This is contingent on leaving the app settings intact if I comment them out the stackoverflow comes back.

Process is terminated due to StackOverflowException.
An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

The program '[16444] Batch_WPF.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).

App Settings area:

<add key="OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Implementations.Native.Assemblies.EnableVC140RedistBoxer" value="false" />
<add key="OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Internal.OpcPSBoxing.EnableOpcCorePSBoxer" value="false" />
<add key="OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Toolkit.UAClientEngineBase.EnableUACertificateGeneratorBoxer" value="false" />

Thanks for all the help.
Last edit: 06 Jun 2018 12:28 by hcrowe.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds