Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Use QuickOPC in Turbo Delphi 2006

More
23 Sep 2017 15:37 #5541 by support
Great, I am glad to hear this.

Note that the .PAS files that we distribute are meant as an example. They were created by importing the QuickOPC COM Type Libraries into Delphi, using a specific Delphi version. Different versions of Delphi generate them differently, so you are actually expected to re-import the type libraries using your own version of Delphi. This is described in the documentation, and I am not sure if you have done this initially.

Let me know when you have further questions.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2017 11:55 - 22 Sep 2017 11:56 #5540 by oleg.rosa@seznam.cz
The first simple project in Turbo Delphi was done and is functional.
Thank you for help.
BR/S pozdravem
Olin
Last edit: 22 Sep 2017 11:56 by oleg.rosa@seznam.cz.

More
22 Sep 2017 11:15 #5539 by oleg.rosa@seznam.cz
Attachments:

More
22 Sep 2017 10:26 #5537 by oleg.rosa@seznam.cz
I added needed *.pas files to “dclusr100.bpl ” (you can see in the attachment in the tree on the right side).
When compiling it reports an errors. I've solved some errors, but I ended up on the errors "[Pascal Error] mscorlib_TLB.pas(5775): E2176 Illegal type in OLE automation section:...." (you can see in the attachment at the bottom of the window).
Thank you for your help.
BR/S pozdravem
Olin
Attachments:

More
22 Sep 2017 09:59 #5536 by support
Please describe the steps taken, and where it has failed and *how*.
It should be possible to make it work, and I am willing to help you in every possible way.

Thank you

More
22 Sep 2017 07:29 #5535 by oleg.rosa@seznam.cz
I tried it before my question but without success. With install third part components into Turbo Delphi is problem, in general. For example, solution for FreeReport component is functional.
S pozdravem
Olin

More
20 Sep 2017 06:27 #5532 by support
Yes, it is possible. We even ship examples with the product in Delphi. Note that there are many versions of Delphi, and it is not our primary target environment, so you may have to do some modifications. We would happy to assist you in case you run into problems.

Basic Delphi example from our Web page:
- www.opclabs.com/products/quickopc/languages-and-tools/delphi

Information related to Delphi in the documentation:

- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...0the%20Components%20(COM).html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...20Libraries%20to%20Delphi.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...cal%20Examples%20(Delphi).html

Many other articles in User's Guide contain Delphi examples. For example (select the "Object Pascal" tab):
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ing%20just%20the%20value2.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...s%20of%20OPC%20UA%20Nodes.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...%20UA%20Local%20Discovery.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...%20for%20OPC%20UA%20Nodes.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...%20UA%20Monitored%20Items.html

Make sure you install the product so that on the intro page of the setup wizard, the "COM development" is included!

In order to explore the examples, from the QuickOPC Launcher app, select Examples (COM Source Code) -> Object Pascal Examples (Delphi)

S pratelskym pozdravem
Zbynek

More
20 Sep 2017 04:14 #5530 by oleg.rosa@seznam.cz
Is possible use QuickOPC in Turbo Delphi?
If it's possible, could anyone advise me how, please?
Thank you
BR
Olin

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds