Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

DAConnectivity license issue

More
28 Jun 2018 07:09 #6481 by support
Hello.

Although I understand you can see the exception in relation to LicenseInfo, this problem is very unlikely to be related to licensing at all.

Can you please answer some questions?

1. Have you tried this on more computers or just one - and if on more, what were the results?
2. Which version and build of QuickOPC?
3. Which version of Visual Studio?
4. Have you ever had a different version/build of QuickOPC installed on the computer where the problem occurs?
5. Where does the error appear ? - in a message box? Is there a way to obtain more details of it? (such as InnerException)?
6. Please install www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840 to see if that does not resolve the problem.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2018 16:13 #6480 by CAbrams
Trying to transition from DAClient reads to live binding. Using licensed QuickOPC Ultimate and when I place DAConn on form of my existing app for first time all works well. If I close and reopen the existing app I can no longer access the Point Editor as it crashes VisualStudio. If I make a fresh app the point editor works flawlessly after close/open. I did notice that the DAConn control has appropriate license collection info but the DAConn control in my existing app says "The type initializer for 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient' threw an exception." for LinceseInfo. Please advise how to resolve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds