Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Variable Array Element Live Mapping in OpcUA

More
23 Jan 2017 10:56 #4871 by bmts
I supposed that the problem is in NodeDescriptor parser.

When I use "EasyOpcUADemo" project and try subscribe/read ellement in array element it works becouse
into subscribe function is passed NodeDescriptor which contain BrowsePath and NodeId.

But when I pass Only Browse path, subscribe does not work (on element in In array)

In attachment is recorded application (windows recorder) and modification "EasyOpcUADemo" source code.

It is right?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2017 07:58 #4782 by support
In order to get access to information necessary for troubleshooting this, can you please study "Error Handling in the Mapper Object", opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...n%20the%20Mapper%20Object.html .

Specifically, the parts C and D.

For C, add a handler for the UpdateFailure event on the mapper, and check if any failures are reported.

For D, add extra mapped for the same node you have problems with, but give it MappingKind = UADataMappingKind.Exception, and check if that one is being set (opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...rame.html#Mapping%20Kinds.html )

Best regards

More
17 Jan 2017 16:29 - 17 Jan 2017 16:30 #4777 by bmts
I inserted ampersand before (see code attachment). Mapper.Map() Function ran correctly(without exceptions). As you can see in attachment (image Mapper_Mappings_AfterSubscribe) the browse name is exactly the same as in DemoApplicatino(OPC-UA).
But In code I have 2 mapped variables (one is array element and next is variable in the same Parent node).

the 1. variable that is mapped from array Not work (Setter of property is never called)
the 2. variable Work correctrly (Setter is cyclicaly called...)

So from previous text I know that map function work partialy, but I do not know why is not work mapping of array element.

Is some variable in Mapper object that has reference on property Setter?
Or Is some explanation why is not work as want?

Thanks for help and response.
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jan 2017 16:30 by bmts.

More
17 Jan 2017 10:58 #4771 by support
When the browse name (in your browse path, they are "ArrUDT_Counters" and "8") begins with a (decimal) digit, the parsing algorithm thinks that it starts a numerical namespace prefix. In your example, it expects something like ".ArrUDT_Counters.8:SomeName", where "SomeName" would be a browse name that resides in namespace number 8.

It should be possible to overcome this by pre-fixing the digit with an ampersand:

.ArrUDT_Counters.&8

Best regards

More
17 Jan 2017 09:18 #4767 by bmts
Hello,
I crated data model in .NET accoding example (UaConsoleLiveMapping).
But In my data model is variable that is array of structures (see picture in attachment).

I want to map 1 array elememnt from this variable. So above the property is define BrowseParht ".8" (see attachment)
When I call method AddToMapping it throw exception:

{"OPC-UA browse path format error: A namespace delimiter was expected.\nThe string to be parsed: \".ArrUDT_Counters.8\".\nSymbolic code: NamespaceDelimiterExpected."}

Can you tell me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks for response
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds