Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

The server does not support writing of quality and/or timestamp.

• miron
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Feb 2015 08:45 #2795 by miron
Thank you for explanation. It's working :-).

And thank you for your effort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2015 19:34 #2788 by admin
Normal OPC writes only write the item's value. There is a provision in OPC Data Access 3.0 for writing combinations (value/timestamp/quality), which is what happens when they are all present in the mapping and you perform a mapping Write.

There is a Operations members to the [DAItem] attribute, which defaults to DAItemMappingOperations.All. You can exclude the Timestamp and Quality mapped mebers from writing by specifying (in the [DAItem]) that the Operations should not include writing. It is a bit mapped enum, therefore you can combine the individual operation with a '|' operator.

Note: I will answer all your questions, but due to their number, please allow for some time. I appreciate your interest, though! :-)

• miron
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Feb 2015 15:16 - 16 Feb 2015 15:16 #2783 by miron
I would like to use in my mapping:
   [DANode(BrowsePath = "SomeValue")]
   [DAItem(Kind = DAItemMappingKind.Timestamp)]
   public DateTime TimestampSomeValue {get;set;}   

[DANode(BrowsePath = "SomeValue")]
   [DAItem(Kind = DAItemMappingKind.Quality)]
   public DAQuality QualitySomeValue  {get;set;}   

but I got error:
*** Failure -1073478650 (0xC0040406): The server does not support writing of quality and/or timestamp.

I understand that my OPCKepware Server does not support writing this values
but I would like make my mapping only for reading this value.

How I should correctly accomplish this task?
Last edit: 16 Feb 2015 15:16 by miron.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds