Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

System.IO.FileLoadException with EasyOpcClassicNet assembly

More
08 Aug 2011 07:27 #455 by support
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 9:22 AM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: ...
Hallo Zbynek,
[....] . Program runs fine now.
Actually, the VC++ lib side by side installation was one of my suspects, I had a similar issue in a C++ project of my own years ago...
Thanks a lot,
A.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2011 11:00 #454 by support
There were some version 5.10 builds that have referenced C++ runtime libraries different from what they were installing. In the end, this worked on some machines and has not worked on others, depending on which versions of those libraries were accidentally installed there. The build you are using (5.10.1257.1) is also affected, so first thing to try is to install a newest build from our Downloads page (currently this means build 5.10.1316.1).
It should also be said that because the assemblies need these C++ libraries, it is not enough just to distribute the assemblies; the C++ libraries must be deployed as well. This is described in the main "Concepts" document. You can quickly achieve this by running the setup program on the target machine, possibly selecting just "Production Environment" installation type.
If you are really bold, you can try pre-release version of 5.11. This one has further simplifications such as that the QuickOpcCommonNet assembly is removed, and there is just one set of assemblies for .NET 3.0/3.5/4.0.

More
07 Aug 2011 10:45 #453 by support
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: Order confirmation, and license file, supplemental

Zbynek,

I forgot to say: Before I compiled the ConsoleApplication1 from the Bonus pack, I of course switched it to Framework 3.5 and exchanded the references to your dlls to the versions without -v4.0.

A.

More
07 Aug 2011 10:43 #452 by support
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 9:43 AM
Subject: Re: Order confirmation, and license file
Hi Zbynek,
..... I have a technical problem: I can't run my applications on my customer's machine (a panel pc, running XP SP3, MUI Version, currently set to english, and a TwinCAT application - whose data are accessed by my program).
I don't have any problems on my development machine (Win7 x64, german) and on my netbook (XP SP3, german).
The application stopps in the initialization phase with a FileLoadException for EasyOpcClassicNet.
It is compiled for .NET 3.5, and, as I said, it runs fine on my development machines. NET 3.5 is installed correctly on the machine, and my application ran fine until the point I linked it to your dlls.
So, I just compiled the ConsoleApplication1 from the Bonus pack - runs fine on my netbook, and crashes on my customer's machine:
C:\WPS\temp1>ConsoleApplication1.exe
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembl y 'EasyOpcClassicNet, Version=5.10.1257.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6fadd ca41dacb409' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start be cause the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application m ay fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1) File name: 'EasyOpcClassicNet, Version=5.10.1257.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyTo ken=6faddca41dacb409' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
(0x800736
B1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
(Exception from
HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
at ConsoleApplication1.Program.Main(String[] args)
The funny thing is: the EasyOpcNetDemo you provide in the .\Demo subdirectory runs fine.
So, I'm pretty sure it's something related to the way I compile my applications.
Do you have any idea? What are the things I could have forgotten? What further information could be helpful for you?
Best Regards,
A.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds