Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

bxsdk32.dll and bxsdk64.dll

More
19 Nov 2015 14:24 #3693 by support
Replied by support on topic bxsdk32.dll and bxsdk64.dll
We take care of "virtualizing" the presence of the two mentioned files, therefore they do not have to be physically present. They are part of the subsystem that allows to get rid of dependencies on pre-installation of Visual C++ runtime libraries, OPC Core Components redistributables, etc.

We have not tried to create an installation with InstallShield, but from the error messages, it looks like that they are just warnings that can be safely ignored (and are, in fact, expected, given the way we virtualize the files).

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: cdunlap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2015 14:20 #3692 by support
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 10:29 PM
To: Z.
Subject: bxsdk32.dll and bxsdk64.dll

Hi Z.,

I had a customer ask me about the two DLLs mentioned in the subject line. He’s making an installer for his program and gets the following warnings:

ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file bxsdk32.dll, or one of its dependencies of component WebApp.Primary_output
ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file bxsdk64.dll, or one of its dependencies of component WebApp.Primary_output

He asked if these warning were related to the EasyDAClient libraries. My gut tells me yes, since I know the changes that were made in the most recent release, and the fact that the name matches so closely with the “BoxedAppSDK.Managed.dll” that is now included with the product, but I did not really know what to tell him. Is my assumption right?

It looks like this is just a warning in Installshield – should there be anything wrong in ignoring them?

[...]
Thanks again,

C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds