Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

IO.FileNotFound Exception on win2008 server R2 (x64)

More
17 Sep 2014 04:16 #2304 by support
That's great. I am glad you have found the cause.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2014 17:23 #2303 by philgerm
It's all OK, the dll was not exactly the same 5.23.494.1 on my Dev PC and 5.23.1225.1 on the Sever. that was the problem....

Thank you very much for your Help

Best Regards

Philgerm

More
16 Sep 2014 16:40 #2302 by philgerm
On your DemoProject all dependance is with "Precise Version" to False. I want to check all dll version. This problme is from version difference.
All your Demos do not run on the server with the same error.

Thank's

More
16 Sep 2014 16:21 #2301 by support
Sorry - so in fact it is not working yet?

Is the version in GAC also 5.23.1225.1 ?

Note: the very recent build (the one on the Web) of version 5.23 is 5.23.1371.1. However it is fine to work with an older one - as long it is the same both on the development computer and on the target computer.

Also, look at the "Precise Version" attribute on the references in your Visual Studio project. If it is "true", which I think will come as default, then the app must find the assemblies of the precise version as used during the build. You can set it to "false" to allow for loose version number checking.

More
16 Sep 2014 16:14 #2300 by philgerm
The complet message :
Could not load file or assembly 'opclabs.EasyOPCClassicInternal, version 5.23.1225.1 cultur=neutral plublicKeyToken ='.....' or one of its dependencies, the located assembly's manifest definitiondoes not match the assembly reference. HResult:0x80131040

More
16 Sep 2014 16:11 #2299 by support
I am glad you resolved it.

But, I do not fully understand the description - can you please provide details? Specifically, is there anything on our side that we either did wrong, or at least could have done better (to prevent such errors)?

Thank you

More
16 Sep 2014 15:59 #2298 by philgerm
I Have the error , the located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference.

More
16 Sep 2014 15:59 #2297 by support
Installing into the GAC should be done using the GACUTIL utility. I am not sure if your method works.

Note that version 5.23 also needs Microsoft.Contracts.dll, i.e. not just everything that starts with "OPCLabs". I had a long exchange with a customer who insisted that all assemblies are installed, whereas in the end this particular one was missing.

Are there any details to the exception? No precise file indicated? Does it have InnerException?

Does the server have .NET Framework 3.5 installed? (if it has SP1 for the operating system, it will have it automatically, otherwise it's not guaranteed).

More
16 Sep 2014 15:46 #2296 by philgerm
I have installed QuickOPCDemo on the Server. I Have copied all Directory from Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\OPC.XXXXX et OPCLabs.XXXX from Dev PC on the server ( at the same place)
No good Result !!

I have copied all dll from OPCLabs\QuickOPC 5.2\Assemblies directly in the executable path c:\Programm Files(32)\TestOPC\
where I have 2 applications , EasyOPCNETDemo32.exe (32 bits ) and EasyOPCNETDemo64.exe (64bits)
The two app run on Seven 64 bits.

No good result on Server !!

Have you another Idea ?

Best regards

More
16 Sep 2014 14:53 #2295 by support
Have you deployed all the QuickOPC assemblies? On the development computer, they are in the GAC, and therefore Visual Studio does not copy them alongside the executables.

On the target computer, the QuickOPC assemblies need to be either in the GAC again, or in one of the codebase directories - usually, in the same directory as the .EXE of the app.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds