Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Dll error when installing software

More
20 Aug 2013 08:35 #1400 by support
I have found the problem, there were incorrect compiler settings for 64-bit LicenseManager which caused it to use DLL-based MFC, which was not the intent. In the typical installs, the DLL-based MFC is (being) installed anyway, so the problem won't manifest itself, but in the ".NET Production" setup type, the DLL-based MFC isn't installed (which is correct), causing the bug to show up.

This will be fixed in the upcoming build of Version 5.22.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2013 20:28 #1399 by rsikes
Hello,

1. The OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, SP1.
2. The Customer Install | .NET Production install option was selected with the default options.

We have currently resolved this issue by copying over the missing .dlls from another machine.

Thanks.

More
19 Aug 2013 19:58 - 19 Aug 2013 19:58 #1398 by support
R., thanks for the report.
This is not related to .NET Framework version, but rather to a Visual C++ runtime.
I will investigate it - it should not be happening.

Can you please provide following details:
  • Which operating system are you installing on?
  • Have you selected "Express install" (for .NET), or any customized setup - and if so, which options were checked/unchecked?
Thank you
Z.
Last edit: 19 Aug 2013 19:58 by support.

More
19 Aug 2013 19:11 #1397 by rsikes
I am trying to upgrade and existing system with your software to the current version. I am receiving the error shown in the attached screenshot during the installation process. I have verified that I have .NET Framework 4.0 installed on my machine, which is listed as a pre-req in the Concepts document.

I have checked the system32 directory and cannot find the .dll that the error is complaining about. Do I need to install .NET Framework 3.5? Is there a Service Pack missing that includes that file?

How do I resolve the installation error?
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds