Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Having issues running 5.53 on development box - "Exception occurred creating type'OpcLabs.EasyOpc....."

More
29 Aug 2018 14:37 #6626 by gkalipershad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2018 14:32 #6624 by support
Thank you for letting me know. I am also happy that you found a workaround you found - which, by the way, is perfect, and I was not aware of that possibility.

If more users run into the problem, we will try to figure out a way to prevent it completely. But at least we have a reliable workaround now.

Best regards

More
29 Aug 2018 12:59 #6622 by gkalipershad
Hello,

Thank you for your help on this. The issue has been resolved.

When the end user deleted the .licx file from the Project Properties, it caused other errors within Visual Studio. Instead, the user opened the file in Notepad and deleted its contents. This fixed the error and the application has worked without any problems for a couple weeks now.

Regards,
GK

More
13 Aug 2018 12:13 - 13 Aug 2018 20:28 #6608 by Restrepo
Thank you for the reply. I am using VB WIndows Forms in VS 2017. I will try to remove the .licx file from the project properties folder to see if tit helps. I will let you know if it did anything to help the issue.
Last edit: 13 Aug 2018 20:28 by Restrepo.

More
12 Aug 2018 11:13 #6606 by support
Hello,

what kind of project do you have? (Windows Forms, Web App, Web Service, etc.?)

And: Can you please remove the .licx file from you project (beware - Visual Studio may try to add it later again), to see if that helps? The file is not needed.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: gkalipershad

More
10 Aug 2018 21:16 #6605 by Restrepo
Greetings,

I am having some issues running V5.53 on my machine. Whenever I add the easyDAclient and try to run the application, the error below is shown after the build fails. I managed to installed 5.50 and it is working as expected; however, 5.53 always shows that error after it fails to build. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

System information:
WIn7
AMD Processor
VS2017
Framework 4.5.2
OPC DC 5.53

Error: see attachment

Thank you for the help.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds