Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Too Many Subscriptions exeption

More
10 Mar 2023 07:44 #11612 by support
Hello.

You need to report the issue on the venue that is for the library you are using. It is not here. I think it is here:
github.com/OPCFoundation/UA-.NETStandard/issues

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2023 07:42 #11611 by sauravsharma
Hi Again,

I am using the OPC Foundation.NetStandard.OPC.UA Version 1.4.370.12 . This is I am using to fetch the tags from OPCUA server . when We are trying to see the tags in UA Expert then its showing the data in view screen. But when we are trying to fetch the tag data in Code Application then its showing the error for some of the tags
Error Name : BadTooManySubscriptions. This error I am getting with the Tags which have little similar name and only different in the taxt with last 4 characters like example:

A01.Tags.Tag1
A01.Tags.Tag2
A01.Tags.Tag3

like above example the tags are present on certain OPCUA server. While fetching only the tags with little similar name are not able to add for the Subscription. Other Tags easily adding on Subscription.

Error is coming on subscription.Create();

When I have tried to analysis it then find out that its coming on the Tags having almost similar name or big length Name of Tag.

Can you Please give me detail what will be the reason for Error BadTooManySubscriptions.?

We are connect the OPCUA server using the TCP Connection through IP address.

Please guide what will be reason for the issue.

Thanks
Saurav Sharma
Attachments:

More
08 Mar 2023 13:26 #11610 by support
Hello.

This forum is for issues related to the QuickOPC product. It does not look like you are using it.
If you are, please post here the version you are using, and the full error message.

Best regards

More
08 Mar 2023 13:17 #11609 by sauravsharma
-Hi

I am also using OPCUa .
I am also getting this error of BadTooManySubscriptions. This error I am getting with the Tags which have little similar name and only different in the taxt with last 4 characters like example:

A01.Tags.Tag1
A01.Tags.Tag2
A01.Tags.Tag3

like above example the tags are present on certain OPCUA server. While fetching only the tags with little similar name are not able to add for the Subscription. Other Tags easily adding on Subscription.

Error is coming on subscription.Create();

Please suggest what will be cause of this problem

One more thing the error is coming in case wher we have the subscription.DisplayName Length is greater than 50/60 characters.

Can anyone help in this as I am not able to understand what is the problem coming in this.

Thanks
Saurav Sharma

More
16 Oct 2018 19:29 #6751 by 333nt
Thank you for your answer.

I tried changing my IP address and this way it works.
The server probably keeps track of the number of subscriptions made by the IP address.

I found other open OPC UA servers on this link

github.com/node-opcua/node-opcua/wiki/publicly-available-OPCUA-servers

which seems to work fine.

More
16 Oct 2018 19:17 #6750 by support
Hello,

this appears to be a problem on the side of the demo server itself, not QuickOPC client.
We are already aware of the issue.

Either the demo server is simply used by too many genuine users - in which case we would increase the limits; or, it may be under kind of DoS (denial of service) attack - in which case we would take some countermeasures. Please give us some time to resolve this.

The demo server gets restarted regularly, so you may just retry later and be lucky so see it working.

Best regards

More
16 Oct 2018 18:55 #6749 by 333nt
Hello,
the problem occurs when i try to subscribe to any of the objects on the OPC UA server even using the OPC UA Demo Application and subscribing to the preset EndPoint and Node.

OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.UAServiceException: OPC-UA service result - (no description available) = BadTooManySubscriptions.
---- SERVICE RESULT ----
StatusCode: {BadTooManySubscriptions} = 0x80770000 (2155282432)

The strange thing is that the program used to work just fine a week ago.
I've already tried reinstalling quickOPC. Any advice?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds