Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

{Kepware.ClientAce.OpcDaClient.DaServerMgt}

More
12 Jan 2018 19:23 #5859 by support
Welcome. This forum is specifically for client development with the QuickOPC toolkit, so you are unlikely to get much help here.

But anyway. The E_FAIL can come form just about anywhere, you are right. Since both the client and the server are from Kepware, you will very likely be able to obtain support from them - I know they are good at that.

Here are some other things that can be done:

1. Check with a different OPC client. If it gives the same error, the cause it probably on the server side.

2. Check OPC server logs.

3. If you can get hold of the OPC Analyzer tool (available to OPC Foundation members), use it to figure out whether the error is originating in the server, and if so, which call generates it.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2018 12:12 #5857 by adisd
Hello,

I am struggling with 'unspecified error', E_FAIL when I try to connect to OPC Server from the client code running in VisualStudio 2017. Entire session is running on single machine.

unspecified error is really not giving enough information to understand reason behind. so I wonder whether anyone knows how to diagnose or enrich provided information so we can proceed with opc client testing.

Both OPC Server and OPC Client are Kepware and client is based on ClientACE.

Nothing is wrong with the code as it worked when deployed on target environment / staging and / or production.

thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds