Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC-UA Client: Exception on TCP/IP

More
22 Dec 2017 14:15 #5757 by support
Hello,

Thank you for all the answers. I apologize for not replying earlier. I was trying to come with some cause or a method to diagnose this, but cannot really find anything - short of actually debugging the code on your machine, which I don't think would be possible.

Creating a certificate manually and assigning it to the app is still an option.

I would also suggest upgrading to a newest QuickOPC, although there is no specific fix fot such an issue.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2017 13:25 - 19 Dec 2017 13:40 #5752 by Scattolaro
I answer to question below(blue):

1. What type of project is your application (e.g. Windows Forms desktop app, Windows service, Web app, Web service etc.)
It's a console application.
2. Does this happen on just one computer, multiple, or all?
it happend only in a windows server
3. Have you installed QuickOPC on the computer using the installation program, or have you just installed the parts of the app yourself?
I install only my application and the license like the other PC where it works fine.
4. What other OPC UA applicatiopns are on the computer?
In this server I install only the Kepware OPC UA server and my application with OPC Labs OPC UA Client to retrieve data from the OPC UA Server.
5. What is the Windows version, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
It is a Windows Server 2012 R2 (64 bit)
6. What about the demo application(s) that come with QuickOPC - e.g. the EasyOpcUADemo - do they work, or they show the same problem?
Demo application EasyOpcUADemo work!
Last edit: 19 Dec 2017 13:40 by Scattolaro.

More
19 Dec 2017 11:50 #5750 by support
Each OPC UA application (client or server) must have an instance certificate, to authenticate itself to other parties. With QuickOPC, you can either provide your own certificate and just let QuickOPC use it, or (by default) QuickOPC attempts to create certificate automatically and then use it. This is the part which fails. Creating and attaching certificate manually is fairly complicated so I would leave it for now unless some other solution is found.

Can you please answer these additional questions:
1. What type of project is your application (e.g. Windows Forms desktop app, Windows service, Web app, Web service etc.)
2. Does this happen on just one computer, multiple, or all?
3. Have you installed QuickOPC on the computer using the installation program, or have you just installed the parts of the app yourself?
4. What other OPC UA applicatiopns are on the computer?
5. What is the Windows version, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
6. What about the demo application(s) that come with QuickOPC - e.g. the EasyOpcUADemo - do they work, or they show the same problem?

Thank you

More
19 Dec 2017 07:58 #5746 by Scattolaro
The OPC QuickOPC-UA version is 5.35.442.1.

I run my application with administrator privileges. What does that mean creating a certificate?

More
19 Dec 2017 06:43 #5745 by support
Hello,
which QuickOPC version and build are you using please?

Also, this can be a permissions issue. Creating a certificate or placing it into a store usually requires administrative privileges. Try to run the client with elevated privileges, or use an alternative method to create and place the certificate.

Regards

More
18 Dec 2017 16:59 #5744 by Scattolaro
In my Application I have this exception on OPC-UA client connect:
Exception: OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.UAException: An OPC-UA operation failure with error code -2147483648 (0x80000000) occurred, originating from 'System'. The inner OPC-UA service exception with service result 'Bad' contains details about the problem. ---> OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.UAServiceException: OPC-UA service result - Could not create a certificate via a proxy: The operation completed successfully.---- SERVICE RESULT ----StatusCode: {Bad} = 0x80000000 (2147483648) ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The operation completed successfully at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at Opc.Ua.CertificateFactory.CreateCertificateViaProxy(String executablePath, String storePath, String password, String applicationUri, String applicationName, String subjectName, IList`1 domainNames, UInt16 keySize, DateTime startTime, UInt16 lifetimeInMonths, UInt16 hashSizeInBits, Boolean isCA, Boolean usePEMFormat, String issuerKeyFilePath, String issuerKeyFilePassword) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClient.InternalBrowseNodes(UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, UABrowseParameters browseParameters) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClient.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BrowseNodes>b__a() at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClient.DisposeGuard[TResult](Func`1 func) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClient.DisposeGuardNotNull[TResult](Func`1 func) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClient.BrowseNodes(UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, UABrowseParameters browseParameters) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.BrowseDataNodes(IEasyUAClient easyUAClient, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.BrowseDataNodes(IEasyUAClient easyUAClient, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor) at Qualitas.DeviceAppOPC.DataAccess.OPCserverCH.Open()(An OPC-UA operation failure with error code -2147483648 (0x80000000) occurred, originating from 'System'. The inner OPC-UA service exception with service result 'Bad' contains details about the problem.) Trace: at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClient.InternalBrowseNodes(UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, UABrowseParameters browseParameters) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClient.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BrowseNodes>b__a() at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClient.DisposeGuard[TResult](Func`1 func) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClient.DisposeGuardNotNull[TResult](Func`1 func) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClient.BrowseNodes(UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, UABrowseParameters browseParameters) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.BrowseDataNodes(IEasyUAClient easyUAClient, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.BrowseDataNodes(IEasyUAClient easyUAClient, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor)

I found the error on EventViewer on Windows attachemnt on file
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds