Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Licensing 2016.2 version

More
22 Mar 2017 18:05 #5028 by support
Replied by support on topic Licensing 2016.2 version
The license you have installed does not cover version 2016.2 (earlier you wrote "my license file for the latest 2016.2 version" - but that's not the case).

The license shown in your picture is for versions 5.3x. No maintenance period has been purchased with it.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2017 09:26 #5026 by sebpinski
Replied by sebpinski on topic Licensing 2016.2 version
See attached.
Attachments:

More
22 Mar 2017 09:24 #5025 by support
Please post or email a snapshot of your License Manager screen.

Best regards

More
22 Mar 2017 09:17 #5023 by sebpinski
Replied by sebpinski on topic Licensing 2016.2 version
Thank you for the message, and as you've said I believe I should be covered for the most recent release but I'm getting the following error message:

Run time is over the limit. The license you have (most likely trial version) does not provide valid data after certain time period expires. Note that after the component's process is simply restarted, valid data will be provided again. Obtain and install proper license to permanently resolve this error.
Component name: "QuickOPC", license ID: "Multipurpose", version number: 541, release date: 01/12/2016, trial validity: 210 days, option name: "EasyDAClient".

I've added the license using the license manager in the same way as I usually would.

Thanks in advance for any help.

More
15 Mar 2017 14:27 #5008 by support
Hello.

It works in this way: You are licensed to certain version if

1) your software version is equal to or below "Version number covered"

*or*

2) the release date of your software version is equal or earlier to "Release date covered".

The first option has been used in the past and is there for backward compatibility; we will no longer increment that. But we use the second option now.

For the purpose of licensing, the release date of version 2016.2 is December 1, 2016.
You should therefore be licensed - check the "Release date covered" field.

Those that do not purchase maintenance, get "Released date covered" equal to their purchase date plus 60 days, meaning that if we release a new version that soon after the purchase, the customer can still switch to it. Those that purchase 1/2/3/4/5 years maintenance have their "Release date covered" set to their purchase date plus 1/2/3/4/5 years. This way, the original license file will work with newer versions.

Best regards

More
15 Mar 2017 11:28 #5007 by sebpinski
The license manager has accepted my license file for the latest 2016.2 version, but browsing the license file details I can see that within it, there is a field named "Version number covered" which appears to restrict it to 539.

Could you please tell me where I stand regarding licenses?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds